VFX Artist II - Unpublished R&D Product
7 days ago
As part of the Real-Time VFX team, you’ll design and implement the sleek, dynamic and dramatic visual effects that add clarity and breadth to various projects across the R&D space. With your experience you’ll create visual effects that span a wide range to prove out ideas across multiple genres and styles. You’ll use your artistic and technical skills to breathe life into many different needs and thematics in the VFX space.
As a VFX Artist II on RnD General, you will be responsible for all aspects of VFX prototype development, including highly iterative VFX for gameplay exploration. You’ll work closely with the many teams and VFX resources to help refine the overall feel for games within the R&D studio. As each of the game projects progress into pre-production your responsibilities will also shift toward VFX style exploration. In this role you will report to the Sr. Manager, VFX for the R&D team.
- Prototype VFX solutions that convey ideas simply and clearly across multiple teams needs, be it ambient or combat
- Balance gameplay needs and thematic direction while maintaining craft quality benchmarks for VFX
- Effectively time manage and prioritize craft work with the assistance of the VFX Lead
- Seek growth opportunities from team members in and out of the product space that will work towards growth goals
- Incorporate resonant elements from an existing Champions, if and when working in the League of Legends IP
- Provide modular solutions that allow non-VFX artists to quickly prototype ideas with placeholder VFX
Required Qualifications :
- 3+ years of professional experience working in VFX within the video games industry
- Professional skills and experience working in 3D/2D Software
- Professional experience creating stylized real-time VFX
- Professional experience shipping game content as a VFX Artist
- Proficiency in VFX fundamentals like timing, shape language, and color theory
- Previous VFX experience with developing for mobile
Desired Qualifications :
- Familiarity with the League of Legends IP and skins universes
- Experience with advanced modeling like rigging and animating
- Experience working in Unity and Unreal VFX pipelines
- Experience in early ideation phases of development
As a part of the application process, you will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of your work and may be asked to complete an art test.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.