VFX Artist - High Moon Studios
3 days ago
Job Title:VFX Artist - High Moon Studios
Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company’s history – and one of the most exciting times to join us. We are building a culture of collaboration and seeking an imaginative, resourceful, and versatile VFX Artist to join our team in Carlsbad, California. If you share a passion for developing groundbreaking worlds and player experiences, then this may be the position you’ve been waiting for.
What you’ll be doing…
- Collaborate with the VFX Art Lead and other departments to deliver spectacular AAA quality visual effects.
- Use sprite-based particle systems along with pixel and vertex shaders to build a wide variety of real-time special effects.
- Use traditional visual effects software such as Maya, Max, Photoshop, Houdini, etc. along with proprietary tools to deliver high quality visual effects simulating real world physical elements.
- Place and sequence the behavior of effects in game balancing Design and Art requirements.
- Read and write script code to sequence effects.
- Troubleshoot artistic, technical, and performance issues.
- Collaborate with team members, production and management to ensure that project goals are met.
To succeed you should have…
- Production experience using particle systems and other forms of dynamic simulations.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Max or Maya.
- Strong artistic ability as well as good technical knowledge.
- The ability to communicate and work collaboratively with team members.
- An awareness of console game budgets and technical constraints.
- Detail oriented and highly organized mindset.
- Be a continuous learner and ability to adapt to change.
- A passion for video games.
- 3+ years of Visual Effects experience for games, or equivalent real-time experience in film/television.
We’d love it if you also have…
- Programming experience in any language (C#, Python, HLSL).
- A background in traditional animation.
- Houdini, or other dynamic and fluid simulation experience.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do. At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to crafting a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
High Moon Studios
Founded in 2002, High Moon Studios is an award-winning studio developing for the Call of Duty® franchise, with past development on over 15 titles including Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, Bungie’s Destiny 2: Forsaken, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. We employ more than 170 people in Carlsbad, CA, a seaside city in San Diego County.
Our pride is our people and the experiences we have optimally crafted for our fans. High Moon's talent is comprised of gifted entertainment and technology professionals responsible for some of the most successful games ever made. We have award-winning developers, published artists and specialists recognized as among the best in their fields. Our studio has a history of using innovative techniques crafted to boost efficiency and product quality, which in turn enhances our studio's quality of life.
High Moon Studios is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.highmoonstudios.com.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as advised by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
High Moon Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $29.81 - $55.14 Hourly. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.