This job might no longer be available.
VFX Artist (F/M/NB)
15 days ago
Ubisoft Annecy is looking for a VFX Artist (W/M/NB) to join and drive VFX in our project which is charge of developing a AAA game.
Your main mission will be:
- Create and implement video game special effects in accordance with a project’s artistic direction and production deadlines.
- VFX textures, animations, shaders, materials creation
- Realtime Special effects conception, inspired by concept art or references.
- Provide VFX solution that fits to the game needs, artistically, technically, and game design-wise.
- Collaborate with game design teams to provide meaningful visual feedback for the player.
- Collaborate with programming teams to assess needs and improve the VFX production pipeline
- Work within technical constraints to ensure that effects are functional and optimized;
- Ensure the proper integration of your VFX into the game engine
- Maintaining art direction and quality
- Creates and maintains workflow documentation for your team's content
You have been creating Realtime VFX during a full end-to-end game production (preferably on AA or AAA)
- You feel confident in using the following skillset:
- At ease with realistic or stylized visual styles.
- Experience with the Unreal engine and Niagara system
- Expertise in custom shader and material creation (on nodal editor ).
- Expertise in texture creation ( static or animated ).
- Mastery of a Realtime engine: Unity, Unreal Engine…
- Good knowledge of Realtime particles/dynamics systems, and special effects creation
- Good understanding of art fundamentals: color theory, lighting, shape, composition, etc
- Capacity to sort tasks by project priorities, provide production visibility, manage priorities and career evolutions of a small team, and become an ambassador of the game vision within the team.
- Autonomy and ideation: the capacity to embrace the art vision and become a problem solver.
- You have excellent communication skills that enable you to collaborate with other departments and act as a bridge between your areas of expertise to enrich gameplay, accessibility and player experience.
- Able to communicate in English
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
- Video Interview with a recruiter
- Interview(s) with our internal teams
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep and more recently Riders Republic!
On top of our AAA production, we are working on innovation with a technological expertise hub around the Snowdrop engine pipeline, and Technology Group in collaboration with Ubisoft Montreal.
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between the lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.