VFX Artist [AAA VR Project] (306)
Newcastle upon Tyne England gb
5 days ago
Independently deliver a wide range of high quality visual effects for the project in respect of technical constraints and artistic direction.
- Produce high quality effects through any stage of the production process in respect of the project’s technical and artistic constraints;
- Build relationships with Artists, Designers, Technical Artists and Programmers to facilitate effective collaboration during the asset production process;
- Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of day to day tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work;
- Optimise work and maintain balance between quality and performance;
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Art Director and Leads into work;
- Understand best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
- Reference game design documents to develop an understanding of the environments, objectives, atmospheres, story and style of the project;
- Support the Lead Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good working knowledge of relevant 3D software with particular emphasis on fluid simulation and rigid body dynamics tools (e.g. FumeFx, Rayfire, Realflow etc.);
- Exposure to industry game engines and production pipelines;
- Good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or After Effects for texture creation;
- Good working knowledge of particle driven effects and shader systems;
- Good understanding of node based shaders and their creation;
- Knowledge of Physically Based Rendering and Linear workflows;
- Good understanding of modelling, texture mapping, materials and post processing (e.g. colour grading etc.);
- Familiarity with data management software (such as perforce);
- Understanding of workload management software/principles (Jira) is an advantage.
- Knowledge of video games industry and awareness of typical video game development processes.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in game or film visual effects or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in visual effects or other relevant training;
- Experience working within a photo realistic environment.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.