This job might no longer be available.
Culver City, CA
1 year ago
Scopely is looking for an experienced user experience researcher to join our Player Experience team. The User Researcher will be responsible for developing & conducting impactful research and delivering player and market insights that will help improve the quality and consumer relevance of our games.
Do you love games? Are you curious what motivates players in free-to-play mobile games and have the drive to find the answers? Do you enjoy guiding teams with in-depth insights? Can you express the value of good UX and convince others of its importance? This is the research position you’ve been looking for!
What will you do?
- Oversee research on mobile games across their lifespan to drive greater understanding of our players and their experiences
- Design, implement, and lead high-impact quantitative and qualitative research to support a number of cross-functional teams, including game design, UX design, product management, production, and marketing
- Manage in-house usability research, including screener design, recruiting, script development, moderating, analysis, and presenting findings to stakeholders
- Manage quantitative research studies (e.g. consumer satisfaction surveys, research on game features and events, etc.), including survey development, data analysis, report creation, and presenting findings to stakeholders
- Guide game development teams’ efforts based on player feedback
- Partner with designers to generate solutions to identified issues
- Collaborate with fellow researchers about new research techniques and methodologies
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters/Ph.D. in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science, or a related field preferred
- 4+ years of industry experience conducting user/player research, preferably in mobile gaming space or a related field
- Experience designing and conducting survey research & usability research/playtests
- Deep understanding of qualitative and quantitative research & analysis
- Proven ability to translate research findings into actionable product improvements
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and project management skills
- Ability to build relationships that allow you to influence cross-functional teams
- Attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, and a drive to answer complicated questions
- A passion for games (familiarity with mobile games required)
- Competency with SPSS, Tableau, or other analytics software packages a plus
- Familiarity with online survey software tools (e.g. Survey Gizmo, Qualtrics) and/or remote user testing platforms (e.g. Playtest Cloud, UserZoom, Usertesting.com) a plus
Life @ Scopely
- Competitive compensation package, including base + bonus + and equity packages.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision with option for a 100% covered
- 401K, 100% covered life insurance, disability insurance (short term and long term)
- Fully catered lunches and meals daily, stocked kitchen with unlimited drinks and snacks
- Small team environment with opportunity for growth and ownership