24 days ago
Job Posting TitleUser Researcher
SummaryAristocrat Digital (Big Fish Games, Product Madness) is looking for a passionate User Researcher who can help inform the design, development, and business decisions for a variety of mobile games that are both live and in development! Reporting into the Senior Director of Consumer Insights, you’ll be responsible for executing a variety of usability research for Big Fish Casino, Jackpot Magic Slots, Evermerge, Gummy Drop, and games we aren’t allowed to talk about yet.
You’ll work directly with UX and UI Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, Marketing & UA, as well as the Insights teams and a number of external research partners.
The right person for this role will have a base level understanding of current, tried and true usability research methodologies, but also be open and willing to both learn and “experiment” with new approaches to understand areas for opportunity, uncover and synthesize insights, and build stories around our players. And…you need to be passionate about mobile gaming!
With offices split between the SF Bay Area, Seattle and Las Vegas, we have embraced a work from anywhere policy throughout the US for this role.
It’s a great time to join Aristocrat Digital as the Consumer Insights team is growing and our mobile gaming business is also growing! If you thrive in an entrepreneurially minded, fast-paced, positive, rewarding, AND FUN work environment, check us out!
What you'll do
- Work closely with product, design, engineering (among others) to identify research topics and critical research questions, create detailed study plans and build a holistic research roadmap; communicate and refresh on a regular basis to ensure impact and relevancy
- Employ the best research method(s) based on research questions, timeline, and resourcing
- Partner with external research vendors on a variety of usability research projects
- Communicate insights, recommendations and next steps in clear, concise, and compelling ways to all levels of management
- Drive impact, as measured by changes to the product design and development roadmap
- Create a deep understanding and empathy for our current, lapsed and competitive gamers
- Work with and learn from other members of the Consumer Insights team
- Eagerness to continually learn, grow and improve the craft of UX research
What we're looking for
- 2-3 years of practical UX/Usability/Product/Design research experience
- A strong desire to learn and grow within the UX function
- A passion for gaming! And if you work or worked in the mobile gaming space that’s even better
- An understanding of different qualitative & quantitative research methods including rapid iterative testing, 1:1 interviews, concept testing, diary studies, card sorting, remote studies, etc
- Experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.