8 months ago
Who We Are:
The User Research group at 2K provides a variety of insights from consumer testing, qualitative research, quantitative research, market research, telemetric analysis, and just about any other method we can employ to give developers the feedback and tools to make better games. We’re a team of passionate gamers who know, analyze, and play not just our games, but all games (the good and the bad) to identify trends and to go beyond the numbers to provide insight into our research.
What We Need:
We are looking for a passionate User Researcher to carry out testing on a large variety of game franchises, partnering with studios to make meaningful changes throughout the games' development cycles. You will be asked to apply a wide assortment of methods including playtesting, usability testing, surveys, contextual inquiry, card sorts and more.
What You Will Do:
- Deeply collaborate with various developers to help tailor studies to the unique needs of each game team
- Plan and execute research studies at moments of great impact
- Create insightful, communicative reports based on thorough data analysis
- Clearly and concisely deliver reports to all relevant stakeholders, including developers and production
- Develop creative solutions to overcome roadblocks and create a testing schedule that provides data early enough to make meaningful changes
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
If you love video games, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where you can make a real difference to the final product, and you have relevant experience in the video game industry, then this position might be for you. We want someone who not only has a strong background in user research, but who also thoroughly enjoys the process, the results, and the potential impact they can have on the final product.
- 2+ years of experience in user experience research or usability testing. Ideally has experience with user research within the video game industry
- Deep understanding of qualitative research methods, including but not limited to usability testing, interviews, and playtesting
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to analyze and visualize quantitative data and transform it into actionable insights
Preference for Candidates With:
- A BA/BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental/Cognitive Psychology, Statistics, or another related field
- SPSS, Salesforce, and Tableau experience