User Researcher [Studio]
8 days ago
We’re looking for a User Researcher to join our team at Game Intelligence. As part of our Games Intelligence team at Massive you will get the chance to work together with our User researchers, Game Analysts and Data Scientists.
As a User Researcher you are responsible of study design, coordination of data collection methods, analysis and reporting. Your ultimate goal will be to put the player first and empower our game development teams with player insights.
This position at Massive not only provides hands-on experience working with a global leading game development studio but also a great foundation in the field of User Research and Human Computer Interaction.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Conduct the design and supervise the execution of research studies on multiple research projects, managing the Lab team, as well as other research resources
- Suggest research methods and study designs always prioritizing actionability and impact of research
- Regularly hold meetings with project stakeholders, establishing an inviting attitude towards research and how to make the most of it
- Contribute to defining UR team’s data framework, supporting the definition of standards and processes in practice
- Collaborate with other UR dept team members to establish practices that support project stakeholders in building high-quality insights from mixed method projects
- Actively promote and foster multidisciplinary collaboration and knowledge sharing within the Research project and UR team, through meetings, one-on-ones and any other relevant means
- Ensure the availability of clearly organized Testing documentation of all processes and reports, within the centralized Game Intelligence documentation repository
You as a person
You are passionate and curious about games and people who play them. You are autonomous and can prioritize your tasks by being organized and having good time-management. You have an eye for detail, are creative and enjoy finding innovative solutions. You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English (our company language).
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral or social sciences
- Master’s degree in any of the above fields is an asset;
- At least 2 years experience in a similar position or any other relevant research experience
- You have excellent research skills (develop appropriate methods to answer research objectives, conduct appropriate analyses and communicate findings efficiently)
- Master Office suite
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative data analysis tools is a plus
- Knowledge of the video game industry is a plus
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö, Sweden and part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 650 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform. All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.