User Researcher Coordinator
18 days ago
Who We Are:
The User Research group at 2K provides a variety of insights from consumer testing, qualitative research, quantitative research, market research, telemetric analysis, and just about any other method we can employ to give developers the feedback and tools to make better games. We’re a team of passionate gamers who know, analyze, and play not just our games, but all games from indies to AAA to identify trends and to go beyond the numbers to provide insight into our research.
What We Need:
We are searching for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented User Research Coordinator to help facilitate and recruit for research studies by partnering with the senior User Research staff. This role will support a large variety of game titles and studios, gaining experience working with first-person shooters, strategy games, sports titles and more.
What You Will Do:
- Manage the complete participant recruiting process for multiple studies by recruiting participants from a database of playtesters who have opted into the User Research program
- Collaborate with User Researcher staff to understand the study objectives, clarify the specifications of each recruit, and update the team on status of the recruiting process
- Coordinate the logistics of the participant experience, guiding them through the interview process, scheduling their participation, and ensuring that all financial and legal responsibilities are met
- Maintain and manage the development of 2K’s Gamelab, our cutting edge, onsite playtesting facility
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
If you love video games, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where you can make a real difference to the final product, and you have relevant experience in the video game industry, then this position might be for you. We want someone who is comfortable being the face of the team and excited to play a pivotal role in the research process, ensuring we make the best games we can.
- Knowledge of User Research/UX methodologies
- Experience using spreadsheets (such as Google Sheets or Excel) for data organization
- Must be able to communicate well with participants and gamers on their level, demonstrating both strong conversational skills and an expert knowledge of game and the industry
- Strong technical skills and familiarity with maintaining gaming hardware and software
- Full awareness of game distribution platforms (Steam, Epic Games Store, Google Stadia, consoles etc) as well as an understanding of streaming and broadcasting software
Preference for Candidates with:
- A BA/BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental/Cognitive Psychology, Statistics, or another related field
- 1+ years of direct experience working within user research teams