User Researcher (Co-op/Intern) - September 2022
14 days ago
Kabam is looking for a User Research Intern based in Canada to join our research team (September - December). You will contribute by assisting the team in running research studies and analyzing data to shape meaningful experiences for our players.
An internship at Kabam provides you with hands-on experience with research for mobile games. You will have the opportunity to receive mentorship from our experienced user research team. Our team is agile, and collaborative. We’re looking for self-starters who like to try new things in a supportive environment. Training and growth opportunities are provided and encouraged.
Kabam puts data at the heart of decision-making and thrives on user research. Balancing qualitative and quantitative data, the user research team is a critical partner for improving the experiences of our players.
Sounds like a match? Read on…
What you will learn at Kabam:
- Basic understanding of Game User Research
- New research methodologies (Quantitative & Qualitative)
- What motivates players to play
- Game development process
- And so much more…
You will contribute by:
- Assisting in data collection through interviews, usability studies or survey analysis
- Observing participants and note taking during sessions
- Coding video and interviews
- Recruiting participants
- Study set-up and preparation
- Expanding your knowledge of research methodologies
- Developing strong relationships with the research team
What we’re looking for:
- Pursuing a Masters or 3rd or 4th-year undergraduate in a relevant field such as Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, or similar programs
- Knowledge of qualitative user research and analysis methods
- Competency in quantitative user research and data analysis methods such as descriptive statistics
- Familiarity with using Excel or similar tools to perform descriptive statistics
- Ability to switch between multiple projects
- Strong communication skills
- Interest in video games (mobile games is a plus)
- Interest or passion for user experience
Nice to have:
- Understanding of grounded theory
- Experience with Tableau, SPSS or R
- Experience with video editing
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.