This job might no longer be available.
User Research Team Lead
Toronto ON ca
4 months ago
Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore, and discover new possibilities.
Ubisoft Toronto was founded in 2010 and has contributed to many award-winning Ubisoft brands including: Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, For HonorTM, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®, and Watch Dogs®. In 2018, the team at Ubisoft Toronto developed its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, and is leading development of Watch Dogs: Legion. Ubisoft Toronto is one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for four consecutive years and in 2018, one of GamesIndustry.biz Best Places to Work.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas have a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and Create the Unknown.
On being a User Research Team Lead at Ubisoft Toronto
Ubisoft Toronto is looking for a Team Lead who has a passion for overseeing and supporting the work and development of the User Research team.
The Team Lead is responsible for guiding the research and data collection process, the quality of lab deliverables, fostering collaboration with various partners inside and outside the lab, as well as contributing to and implementation of the department’s managerial vision.
The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert, who is fluent in a variety of research methodologies, is passionate about video games, and is motivated by the successes of members of the User Research team that report to them.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time.
The daily life of a User Research Team Lead at Ubisoft Toronto
- Create, prioritize, assign and ensure daily follow-ups of tasks and the advancement of the team’s work based on deliverables;
- Be responsible for the overall quality of the team’s deliverables;
- Create, improve, and optimise user research and team processes;
- Optimise human and material resource allocation based on study requests;
- Anticipate technical hardware, technological and human resource needs;
- Collaborate with other team leads and User Research project managers for resource management, support, etc.
- Be responsible for the recruitment, integration, training, and coaching of new team members;
- Actively promotes and fosters multidisciplinary collaboration within the lab through work processes, trainings and any other relevant means;
- Complete performance evaluation and follow-ups;
- Be a main actor in the fulfilment of the Lab’s vision;
- Assume any other related duties.
- Ensure the usage of appropriate processes and methodologies leading to quality deliverables;
- Take part in the development and improvement of the UR methodologies and processes;
- Develop team skills on User Research specific methods and techniques;
- Foster collaboration and open communication with other User Research teams and partners within Toronto and Ubisoft worldwide.
What it takes to make it
- Master’s degree in ergonomics, HCI, experimental or social psychology or any other relevant training or experience;
- Ph.D. in ergonomics, HCI, experimental or cognitive/social psychology or any other relevant training is an asset;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a team management position;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in User Research, User Experience, Ergonomics or any other relevant field;
- Experience in conducting moderated user tests is an asset;
- Experience in knowledge sharing (training, coaching, etc.) is an asset;
- Experience in the video game industry is an asset.
Nice to have
- Proven leadership and management skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to build and manage performant teams;
- Ability to work in a constantly evolving environment;
- Stress and change management skills;
- Time and priority management skills;
- Result oriented;
- Resourcefulness in problem solving and conflict resolution;
- Ability to delegate tasks;
- Agile mindset;
- Proactive, passionate, tactful;
- Excellent knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods and tools;
- Excellent knowledge of test moderation techniques;
- Good knowledge of the Office suite;
- Good knowledge of the videogame industry;
- Knowledge of statistical methods is an asset;
- Knowledge of ergonomic concepts is an asset.
· Competitive Salary
· Comprehensive Benefits Package:
o Disability Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Extended medical insurance
o Relocation assistance
o (Optional) RRSP contribution
o Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
Located in Toronto's up-and-coming Junction Triangle neighbourhood since 2010, Ubisoft Toronto is a studio full of passionate and experienced game developers focused on making innovative and exciting games. With over 35 languages spoken, Ubisoft Toronto is as diverse as the booming city it calls home. At Ubisoft Toronto, we are passionate about positive culture. We host monthly team celebrations, organize events for employees and their families, and we offer a variety of health and wellness initiatives like on-site yoga, on-site occupational therapists, flexible days, and an abundance of fresh fruit to promote a balanced life.
Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews to help our team develop their careers and grow with our studio, and we provide the opportunity for salary increases annually as part of the performance review process. Ubisoft Toronto also offers a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training, and career development.
Join us and see for yourself why Ubisoft is rated one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People multiple years running!
We hunt for talent from across the industry – seasoned experts who know what it takes to ship world-class games and the next generation of game developer all-stars. We value team chemistry and a desire to grow our studio together. If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for? Apply to join us now!
Ubisoft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities and we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.