This job might no longer be available.
User Research Project Manager – Social Sciences
Montreal QC ca
5 months ago
The daily life of a User Research Project Manager at Ubi Montreal
- Build from the ground up and execute a strategic research plan on key strategic topics including, but not limited to toxicity, engagement, retention, and motivation;
- Design and execute a variety of high-value research projects both within and across subject areas;
- Work collaboratively with production teams to understand and anticipate their challenges generating relevant and actionable findings on complex questions;
- Be part of, and take full advantage of a seasoned team that provides expertise and skills on multiple key domains like player behaviour, neuroscience, data science, data visualization, machine learning and much more;
- Share your advancements and findings with a wide variety of stakeholders, collaborators and research communities;
- Have a concrete impact on the development and quality of our games;
- Have access to a dedicated tools development team that builds custom tools specifically for user research and analytics purposes based on latest technologies;
- Have access to a best-in-class user research lab with all the bells and whistles that a user researcher could wish for;
- Have access to a network of over 12 user research teams all over the world to work with
What it takes to make it
- Passionate about games and understanding player behaviours wants and needs;
- Holder of a MSc. or Ph.D. in social sciences, behavioural sciences or related field;
- Someone with at least 3 years of experience in behavioural, cognitive, social or user research or any other relevant experience;
- Strong background in quantitative and qualitative research methods and data analysis;
- A natural at intellectual empathy; being able to be the player’s advocate as well as deal with multiple and diverse stakeholders with various priorities, perceptions and interests;
- Focused on delivering results that yield actionable findings emerging from studies that meet and surpass industry standards in terms of industrial approach;
- A collaborative team player; who easily understand the benefits of working with other experts and playing on each other strengths to optimize efficiency and quality;
- Highly organized, capable of leading multiple studies and projects on operational subjects, while keeping the strategic objectives in sight in large team environments;
- Able to evolve in a complex ecosystem, adapting to standards and processes in place while continuing to improve and innovate them;
- An exceptional communicator, both in French and English;
- Expecting people you work with to have fun while achieving highly ambitious goals.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.