User Research Moderator
2 months ago
Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore, and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and Create the Unknown.
Ubisoft Toronto was founded in 2010 and has contributed to many award-winning Ubisoft brands including: Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, For HonorTM, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®, and Watch Dogs®. In 2018, Ubisoft Toronto developed its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas. Ubisoft Toronto is one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for four consecutive years and in 2018, one of GamesIndustry.biz Best Places to Work.
User Research Moderator
In collaboration with an analyst, the moderator will effectively collect and compile data as part studies carried out by the User Research Lab. The moderator will also recruit study participants that fit predetermined profiles, and provide administrative support.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time.
The main and routine tasks of the User Research Moderator are to:
- Observe study participants;
- Recruit study participants that fit predetermined target profiles;
- Set up and rearrange the playtest room;
- Validate the technical aspect of the playtests (multiplayer connections, stability of the versions that are used, etc.);
- Revise the questionnaire on the game experience and conduct interviews at the end of the day;
- Take part in the daily observation debriefing session with the analyst;
- Help compile and enter data;
- Manage paper archives (NDA, reward sheets, etc.);
- Update participant databases;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, User Research, Human-Computer Interaction or Market Research
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in user research (or any other relevant experience).
- Knowledge of installation and computer hardware;
- Experience in project coordination an asset;
- Basic knowledge and experience in user research;
- Knowledge of the video game industry (major players and products);
- Excellent communication skills ;
- Solid knowledge of Word and Excel;
- Technical understanding of video game platforms.
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good organizational skills;
- Ability to manage concurrent projects;
- Participant management skills;
· Competitive Salary
· Comprehensive Benefits Package:
o Disability Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Extended medical insurance
o (Optional) RRSP contribution
o Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
Scored by The Economist as the Best City to Live, our studio is located in the trendy Junction Triangle located in West Toronto, close to TTC, the hottest bars and restaurants, and excellent coffee shops. We celebrate successes as a team at our monthly UbiBash events, and invite our families to events throughout the year including our annual Kids Holiday Party. We give back to help make our community better through our team volunteer days and fundraising activities. We hold regular game jams to fuel our team’s creativity. Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews to help our team develop their careers and grow with our studio, and provides the opportunity for salary increases annually as part of the performance review process. Ubisoft Toronto also offers a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training and career development, flexible days, on-site Yoga and Bootcamp classes, fresh fruit, Life Drawing classes, as well as spontaneous team surprises such as Pi Day, Star Wars Day, and Halloween.
We hunt for talent from across the industry – seasoned experts that know what it takes to ship world-class games and the next generation of game developer all-stars. We value team chemistry and a desire to grow our studio together. If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for? Apply to join us now!
Ubisoft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.