Job Title : User Research Moderator (Contingent) – Activision Publishing
Reporting To: Director, User Research
Department : User Research
Location: Woodland Hills, California
Please Note: This role is a contract role limited to 12 months in length
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall®, Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders™ and Call of Duty® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a hard-working, dedicated and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by crafting amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
As a Research Moderator you will join an energetic, dedicated, and diverse team of user researchers as you take your first step into the game industry while working on the largest gaming franchises in the world. User Research Moderators work at the Activision User Research Center (AURC), located in Woodland Hills California. In this role, you’ll serve as the voice of the player base to developers as you help guide the evolution of games in development based on player feedback. By the end of your first year, you’ll have gotten on the job training and mentoring from industry experts in user research and game analysis, contributed your own outstanding voice to the insight generation process, and helped put your stamp on one or more AAA games.
This is an early career, on-site laboratory role, and so applicants must be currently living in the greater LA area and willing to commute up to 4 days/week to the lab site at: 21255 Burbank Blvd Suite 120, Woodland Hills, CA 91367.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Assists with the execution of user-tests including setup, breakdown, game review, intake/outtake of participants, recording/reporting of the players' experiences, and other research related activities.
- Provide summarized research results for discussion and write-up.
- Contribute to and edit reports and surveys as required.
- Maintain lab and equipment.
- Assist with recruiting participants through internal or external recruiting methods.
- Run selected studies and support all User Research staff in day-to-day tasks
- Experience with and passion for video games is a must, and an ideal candidate will be well versed in at least one of Activision’s titles.
- Experience with first person shooters on console is a plus.
- Talent comes from many a diverse set of backgrounds, so experience with user research, UX, or game testing is a plus, but not a requirement.
Knowledge & Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in game development or a field focusing on human subject research (e.g., psychology, human computer interaction, human factors, communications, market research, anthropology, or similar).
- Good interpersonal communication (both written and verbal).
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Adaptable and quick learner that enjoys solving a large variety of problems.
- Must be able to handle a variety of responsibilities.
- Able to maintain a professional and friendly demeanor with coworkers and participants.