This job might no longer be available.
User Research Manager
El Segundo CA 90245 US
4 months ago
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever-expanding worldwide team of over 6,000 employees and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, KartRider and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of online gaming, let’s talk!
The User Research Manager will be part of the production process of games in development. You will design and implement plans for optimal qualitative and quantitative user tests. You will own end-to-end user research; this includes screening participants, managing equipment resources, constructing surveys, and moderating the playtests. You will be able to write a report and communicate effectively with various audiences to inform the result of the user test. You’re analytical with statistical skills to craft unbiased, data-driven recommendations.
- Develop a well-crafted plan with clear objectives to drive actionable recommendation
- Responsible for all pre-production user experience research with the central user research teams and outside agencies.
- Report findings in a clear and organized fashion in PowerPoint presentations
- Identify opportunities and maintain best-practice by continuously improving process and documents
Types of Decisions made the position:
- Resource allocation
- Process development and implementation
- 3-5 years’ experience in game testing, data analysis, or user research
- Experience with user research or game industry expertise is preferred.
- Adept at report writing, presenting findings, and presentation skills
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Able to install software and game
- Able to capture gameplay using a video capturing program such as OBS.
- Able to perform a survey using a program such as Google Form
- Able to facilitate an in-person/group discussion to collect feedback
- Able to use MS Office
- Able to follow written guidelines to troubleshoot when there is an issue with the software.
- Able to check and set-up computer equipment for playtest environment. i.e. Making sure that sound is ON, the mouse sensitivity is optimal, etc.
- Familiar with User Research/Playtest
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.