User Research Manager
El Segundo CA 90245 US
3 days ago
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The User Research Manager will be part of the production process of games in development. You will design and implement plans for optimal qualitative and quantitative user tests. You will own end-to-end user research; this includes screening participants, managing equipment resources, constructing surveys, and moderating the playtests. You will be able to write a report and communicate effectively with various audiences to inform the result of the user test. You’re analytical with statistical skills to craft unbiased, data-driven recommendations.
- Develop a well-crafted plan with clear objectives to drive actionable recommendation
- Responsible for all pre-production user experience research with the central user research teams and outside agencies.
- Report findings in a clear and organized fashion in PowerPoint presentations
- Identify opportunities and maintain best-practice by continuously improving process and documents
Types of Decisions made the position:
- Resource allocation
- Process development and implementation
- 3-5 years’ experience in game testing, data analysis, or user research
- Experience with user research or game industry expertise is preferred.
- Adept at report writing, presenting findings, and presentation skills
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Able to install software and game
- Able to capture gameplay using a video capturing program such as OBS.
- Able to perform a survey using a program such as Google Form
- Able to facilitate an in-person/group discussion to collect feedback
- Able to use MS Office
- Able to follow written guidelines to troubleshoot when there is an issue with the software.
- Able to check and set-up computer equipment for playtest environment. i.e. Making sure that sound is ON, the mouse sensitivity is optimal, etc.
- Familiar with User Research/Playtest