User Research Manager (M/W/NB) - Ubisoft Mobile
10 days ago
Leading the Ubisoft Mobile User Research team, you will integrate a dynamic team which is an essential part of the Ubisoft player-oriented strategy. The team sets-up user tests, workshops and studies on almost all Ubisoft mobile games portfolio in order to accompany and inform HQ's and Studios' teams on the perception of our games from a user point of view.
Integrated into the Editorial team and reporting to the VP Editorial & Production, your task will be to drive, develop and spread the expertise of the Mobile User Research Lab.
In very close relationship with the development teams and the HQ experts, you are in charge of implementing the key strategic axes of the Mobile User Research Division, accompanying and developing the skills and knowledge of your team and coordinating User Research project management on the Mobile zone. Your international team is composed of 2 Labs (5 persons in Canada including 1 Lead, 3 persons in France including also 1 Lead) and of 2 User Research Project Managers.
You guarantee the quality, the relevance and the impact of product deliverables by the Mobile UR Service. You are in charge of the good functioning of the structure and of the improvement and the implementation of new processes and methodologies in order to meet production teams needs.
As the User Research Manager, your efforts will have a direct impact on the production of all the Mobile division games. Your mission is to position User Research as a strategic issue within Ubisoft Mobile and to show the added value that an advanced high-quality user research can bring to both production and HQ teams.
A big part of your position will also be to manage, empower and defend the conclusions of your UR team.
Your main missions will be to:
- Recruit, manage, support your team and make it grow; help them making the right decisions, defend their results with the stakeholders, provide them new methodologies, etc.;
- Develop relationships with the main stakeholders: Studio Managers, VP Editorial, Content Manager, Consumer Market Knowledge, Publishing etc. Give them visibility on research results, take into account their challenges and requirements in terms of research in order to give them the best solutions;
- Supervise on a macro-level the good conducting and the progress of User Research projects; be able to be agile depending on contexts and issues and reprioritize the most important projects;
- Share with your peers the best practices resulting from your team research in HD Studios, identify with them the adequate new research methodologies according to new challenges or new consumption patterns of our players, etc.
- You have a degree in a field related to the user experience (Psychology, HMI, Ergonomics) and you have a solid experience in User Research, UX or User tests.
- You have an excellent knowledge of user testing methods and of qualitative and quantitative data collection (Focus Groups, Interviews, Surveys, Expert Analysis, etc.)
- You already have a solid management experience (recruitment, training and team support) and you enjoy this responsibility in which you thrive and you are successful.
- You know how to be diplomatic but you are able to deliver a message - good or bad - at the same time.
- You have strong communication skills, are rigorous, organized and proactive.
- You are also totally fluent in English, both orally and in writing: some people in your team are based in Canada and are not French speakers.
What you need to make the difference:
- You are a little bit geek and you have a good culture of video games (Consoles, PC, Mobile).
W e are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving gamechanging challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown!
Within the Mobile HQ, our User Research team accompanies our Mobile Studios in the understanding of our players. Its main mission is to understand the user experience and help our Studios make the right decisions based on user research methods, tools and data.