This job might no longer be available.
User Research Manager [Consumer Experience]
5 months ago
As a User Research (UR) Manager at Massive Entertainment your efforts will directly impact the production of our major projects, from Tom Clancy’s The Division to our new Avatar video game. Your mission is to elevate UR to new strategic heights, expanding it's scope to support both production and communication.
You'll lead, empower and champion the findings of our multi talented UR team, collaborate with various stakeholders in both Production and Consumer Experience (Data Science, CX Lab, Community Development and Content), whilst enabling cross-functional research across multiple Ubisoft departments.
The role of all UR professionals is to provide development teams with a better understanding of player’s behavior through UR studies and analytics. From pre-to post-launch, they deliver actionable insights that will enable the production teams to improve the overall player’s experience.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Always acting with the consumer and market in mind.
- Developing relationships with key stakeholders to understand their goals and research requirements.
- Uncovering player insights through UR studies and analytics to ensure data driven decision making.
- Leading, developing and championing the UR team.
- Driving and enabling cross functional research across multiple Ubisoft departments.
You as a person are a charismatic leader with a deep interest in research. You have a consumer-mindset and exceptional communication skills, inspiring confidence and easily connecting with others. You bring a positive attitude to your team and take pride in their development.
- Proven work experience as a Leader in a Research and/or Marketing/Communications role.
- Graduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, User Research, Marketing, other related fields or equivalent work experience.
- Strong communication skills – including the ability to present results to stakeholders in various levels of the organization and being able to work well in a team structure.
- Ability to innovate and determine strategies when sending out reports, graphics and representations of statistical data.
- Analytical and synthesis skills.
Good To Know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.