User Experience (UX) Director
6 days ago
YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
As a UX Director, you’ll work closely with your fellow core team members to define a game’s core player experience and provide strategic guidance on design throughout production and post-launch.
To deliver the best end-to-end player experience possible, you’ll collaborate with development teams and concentrate on three main aspects:
- Advocating for UX: You’ll establish user-centric principles and ensure their implementation.
- Ensuring optimal usability: You’ll remove unwanted friction across the player journey, with a focus on onboarding, tutorials, game flow, player comfort, signs & feedback, 3Cs, progression, UI, ergonomic principles, affordance, accessibility, etc.
- Boosting engage-ability: You’ll enhance player motivation and engagement by leveraging personas, cognitive and social psychology, self-determination theory etc.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
ANALYSIS & RESEARCH
- Anticipate player needs and goals by defining personas with the core team;
- Contribute to writing creative briefs based on player goals and personas to ensure user-centricity;
- Partner with the user research team to oversee a user tests strategic plan from conception to live game operations, based on team priorities, design pillars, and UX objectives.
- Provide development teams with feedback on the quality of user experience through expert reviews and prototyping.
- Set the overall player journey goals aligned with creative briefs and define associated KPIs. Document, communicate and follow these KPIs;
- Help integrate UX practices into Production workflow to support user-centricity and usability;
- Promote and adopt a data-informed decision-making process by harnessing player data;
- Define and ensure compliance with accessibility requirements related to legal, editorial, and project guidelines.
- Promote user-centricity among the core team in their decision-making processes and focus, positively influencing content quality and user experience;
- Be a spokesperson for UX-related topics and a reference for user-centric principles, ensuring they’re communicated to and understood by team members at every level.
- Ensure the proper execution of the targeted user experience by reviewing design documentation and the game build at each stage of the game development process;
- Define the user’s onboarding strategy and coordinate teams’ related work;
- Own core player experience elements, like gameplay features (world maps, controls remapping, etc.), signs & feedback;
- Oversee the design layout, and flow of all in-game user interface elements, including HUD, menus, and lobbies.
- Advise and mentor team members, set realistic goals, and seek out learning opportunities;
WHAT YOU BRING
- You studied Design (Industrial, Graphic, Interaction or Game Design for instance), human computer interactions, cognitive psychology or social sciences;
- You developed digital products such as video games (HD or mobile), apps, web;
- You come from web, media, entertainment, e-commerce or industrial companies;
- You have a strong ability to think holistically;
- Your analytical skills and ability to combine various sources of data allow you to make data-informed design decisions;
- You are able to build and drive a vision through appropriate measures and KPIs;
- You have the ability to seek opportunities to improve processes that allow for workflow optimization, and show the value of UX;
- You can navigate complex situations and tasks with a problem-solving approach;
- You show excellent visual, verbal and written communication skills;
- You are able to deal with diverse stakeholders driven by various priorities and interests;
- You are able to make complex or technical information readily intelligible and widely known;
WHAT YOU WILL ENJOY
Check out our list of perks and benefits here: https://www.ubisoftsingapore.com/
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Since opening its doors in 2008, Ubisoft Singapore has become the biggest AAA game development studio in Southeast Asia. The 500-strong studio is home to 35+ different nationalities focused on delivering ambitious gaming experiences to our players. Ubisoft Singapore has been contributing to all the Assassin’s Creed® titles since Assassin’s Creed® II. It innovated within the franchise as the studio behind the naval battle gameplay and water technology in Assassin’s Creed® III, Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag® and most recently in Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla. Its expertise in AAA and live operations, combined with a passion for naval gameplay, pushed the team to lead the development of Skull and Bones™ revealed at E3 in 2017.