User Experience Researcher - Rapid Research
13 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Role
The research team at Twitch is a dynamic group of mixed-methods researchers. We advocate for a human-centered approach to product design and strategy. We bridge the gap between our users, designers, product managers, marketers, and engineers to build empathy, inform strategy, and identify opportunities to improve the Twitch experience.
As a founding member of the Rapid Research team, you will help teams make high quality design and product decisions quickly and consistently. You will report to the Director of UX Research within our Central Research Team and play an important part in building this new program.
You can be located in San Francisco, CA; Irvine, CA or Seattle, WA.
- Conduct iterative studies (e.g., interviews, concept tests, and usability studies) throughout the development cycle to help product teams make high quality decisions quickly and consistently .
- Design and continuously improve the standards for our Rapid Research program. Work with Research and Design leadership and operations teams to:
- Build case studies, tutorials, and project templates
- Streamline the intake process, analysis approaches, and report formats
- Promote research best practices (when, where, why, and how we do research) and collaborate closely with product managers, designers, data scientists and engineers throughout each study.
We encourage candidates to apply who have held the responsibilities above, regardless of years of experience or educational credentials. But we roughly expect candidates to have:
- 2 years of industry experience with a variety of qualitative research methods, such as semi-structured interviews, contextual inquiries, usability studies, diary studies, and unmoderated remote studies.
- Experience managing stakeholder relationships and leading projects through the full research lifecycle.
- A track record of producing a high volume of impactful research that shapes product decisions.
- You have experience coaching teams through product design and research best practices.
- You already know a lot about online communities, online video, video games, or Twitch.
- You have an advanced degree in Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, HCI, or a related field.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , off-site massages)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Washington is $137,700 - $168,300 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7305
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.