User Experience Designer II
4 days ago
As a User Experience Designer II on the Gameplay initiative of League of Legends, you'll work with other developers to create experiences that engage and delight the League audience. You will use a combination of human-centered and game design principles and work from concept through production to ensure a high-quality product. You would report to the Gameplay UX Lead.
- Contributing to a variety of UX projects from the in game HUD to meta systems like player profiles
- Concepting with wireframes, prototypes, journey maps, and presentations to validate opportunities
- Collaborating with game design in developing systems that motivate players
- Collaborating with artists to create high fantasy experiences and push League's visual design language forward
- Craft the UX in a way that presents the complex systems of League to players in a clear and organized way so that they can process the game around them
- Manage UX quality for features from start to finish
- 2+ years of experience designing digital experiences as a User Experience, Interaction, or Product Designer
- Experience with gaming designs and patterns
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, or other design and prototyping tools
- Builds relationships with non-design disciplines to multiply their quality and output
- Strong documentation and requirement writing skills
- Experience designing game controls, interfaces, and systems
- Familiarity with LoL gameplay design and UX principles
- Understand of animations, motion graphics, and VFX as tools to communicate importance
- Background in UX research
- Experience facilitating design workshops and sprints
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).