User Acquisition Specialist
7 days ago
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an enthusiastic, talented User Acquisition Specialist to join our publishing team in Brighton, UK and work across the Hi-Rez Studios Games for all platforms and all countries. This role is responsible for global user acquisition.
The User Acquisition Specialist will focus on optimizing our player acquisition globally. The candidate will succeed in the role by acquiring high quality users to our titles (PC, Console and mobile) through all channels, including paid performance based campaigns and digital storefront channels. The candidate will have a passion for creative excellence and champions the core role this plays in our user acquisition. The candidate will work closely with the game teams and other internal groups (platform / publishing) to find new and cost-effective ways to attract and maintain users, while continuously optimizing existing channels. The User Acquisition Specialist will be extremely detail oriented, with a strong understanding of free-to-play game customer lifecycle management so that we can profitably manage customer lifetime value against the effective cost of acquiring users to our games.
The successful candidate will exhibit the right balance of utilizing data to inform decisions while combining a non-conventional and ‘thinking outside the box’ attitude to achieve strong results. This role reports to the Marketing Director.
At Hi-Rez you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your ingenuity, energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new online game projects.
What our User Acquisition Specialist will do:
- Build analytical models from our extensive data set to identify campaign optimization opportunities, make recommendations on testing, and maximize campaign ROI on ad spend.
- Develop UA strategies that take into account different LTVs in different countries and different platforms (PC, Console, Mobile).Utilize predictive modeling, machine learning, and data analytics to drive marketing decisions.
- Solve complex problems with partial, incomplete data.
- Take the lead of your own portfolio of advertising networks.
- Identify the highest impact testing opportunities, prioritize, execute, track results and communicate to game and marketing teams.
- Present learnings from creative testing and campaigns to internal teams with humility.
- Work with the publishing team and game team to optimize targeting, creatives, marketing messages, marketing spend, bids and budget allocation.
- Manage and cultivate strategic relationships with our key partners such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, and media agencies in testing of new acquisition opportunities.
- Collaborate with the publishing team and game team to establish and continually refine LTV and cohort tracking analytics frameworks by country.
- Assist Marketing Director with day-to-day tasks
Great candidates will be:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Be data-driven: monitor, analyze, understand, stay nimble, adjust, and constantly optimize. Data-driven marketing campaigns are not new to you as you have already conducted some.
- Strong experience with at least one of the following: SQL, Excel, R (or other statistical analysis tool)
- Ability to work with third-party tools (Facebook, Google, etc.)
- Be a strategic thinker
- Be open minded: You take a scientific approach to learning and are not afraid to challenge others
- Be creative: Great creative is at the heart of all our best campaigns
- You don’t hide from tests that show negative results. You learn from them and are proud to share these learnings with others.
- Be social: social media marketing has no secret for you! Team-oriented but self-motivated.
- Thrives upon change. Comfortable working inside a dynamic work environment.
- Rigorous and detail oriented.
- Passion for games. Strong work ethic.
- Problem solver.