This job might no longer be available.
Unreal Technical Animator
7 days ago
💼Day to day responsibilities:
- Collaborate with animators, artists and programmers to ensure animator-friendly rigs, tools and scripts
- Design and implement processes that support and improve all applicable areas of the animation pipeline
- Understand and work with the game engine
- Ensure optimal production pipeline and workflow
- Develop tools that help animators improve their work in production
- Work with Art Leads, Technical Directors, and QA to ensure all assets meet technical requirements
- Write and keep updated documentation on tools, methods, training, processes and limits of the engine for reference and future reference
- Align with engineers and testers to resolve in-game problems to ensure everything is 100% bug-free and shippable
🚀What you bring to the table:
Background: BA in Digital Arts, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science or similar field. Or the equivalent in years of experience and feel comfortable working with both art and science.
- 3+ years working with Game Engines (preferably Unreal for integration)
- Experience with Source Control (Git, Perforce, Mercurial)
- Experience in working with 3D development software (3DS Max, Maya, Blender, Motion Builder)
- Comfortable collaborating with artists, programmers and technical directors
- Portfolio that demonstrates the ability to create animator-friendly rigs
- Experience with Maya
- An understanding of animation techniques
- Experience with rigging chops
- Scripting/Tools Development (bonus)
English language proficiency.
⭐Perks and Benefits:
Discretionary bonus system based on performance
Flexible holiday allowance paid into each pay cheque for you to accumulate and use as and when you wish
Ironbelly Studios is comprised of a talented, passionate and dedicated number of game developers from all corners of the globe. Our focus is on creating high quality entertainment experiences as well as providing outsourcing services at a fraction of the cost seen elsewhere.
From humble beginnings Ironbelly has grown to be one of the most trusted names in the indie development space, working on over 300 projects in our 14 years of service, ranging from AAA titles such as Gotham Knights down to small mobile titles. We bring passion and experience together and look for people who put games and their creation in the center of their world.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.