Unreal Engineer - Contract
11 days ago
The Rooster Teeth Animation is looking for a skilled Software Engineer who specializes in the Unreal gaming Engine.
The Animation engineering team works in an Agile environment and assists by automating tasks, coding systems and tools that extend content creation capabilities.
A strong contractor candidate will have a proven track record of production engineering experience, team-centric interpersonal skills, and creative problem solving experience to help Rooster Teeth fulfill its objectives.
*Please note that this is NOT a web development position.
- Aid in the development of machinima tools for real-time animation capture
- Support and enhance Rooster Teeth's Unreal content creation pipeline
- Create, maintain and document new tools and procedures for development in Unreal
- Collaborate with artists to develop best practices and education for new tools
- Write maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles
- 3+ years of software engineering experience in the gaming industry
- Expertise with Unreal Engine and Unreal Editor
- Experience with digital content creation tools such as Maya
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with C/C++Strong software architecture knowledge
- Familiarity with building modular and dynamically extensible solutions
- Interest in usability and user interface designStrong grasp of 3D math
- Flexibility to learn new programs and adapt to organizational needs within production
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Positive team-oriented attitude with a good work ethic and desire to constantly improve
- Must be comfortable working in a highly collaborative organization in an iterative development lifecycle
- Highly Desirable Skills:
- Direct experience building content creation workflows for the entertainment industry
- Plug-in experience for Shotgun Tookit, Houdini, Maya
- Experience with Motion Capture technology
- Experience with Shotgun application
About Rooster Teeth
Rooster Teeth is a fan-driven, community built entertainment company. From humble origins in a spare bedroom, Rooster Teeth created the web series Red vs. Blue, an innovative form of entertainment for a changing media landscape that sparked the growth of a passionate global fandom. From that foundation, Rooster Teeth pioneered a direct-to-consumer lifestyle brand for its growing online following with subscriptions, advertising, e-commerce, and live events. Rooster Teeth produces several original content series including RWBY, the most popular western-style anime series today, The Rooster Teeth Podcast, and daily video series featuring an in-house cast of influential talent. With broadcast and live-action production capabilities and a world class animation studio, Rooster Teeth engages industry-leading networks, streaming entertainment services and creative talent to develop projects that reach global audiences through its Studios division. Rooster Teeth cultivates the gaming lifestyle it helped define with partnerships through its industry-leading video-first podcast network, The Roost. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique weekly viewers across its RoosterTeeth.com
hub and more than 4 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com