Unreal Engine C++ Programmer
12 days ago
In this volunteer position you will be working closely with other members of the Coding department to develop C++ code for the Lays of Althas: Sundered Order (LoA:SO). Keep in mind that we are using Epic Game’s Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) to develop the game, and knowledge of how C++ code interacts with UE4 is required. Knowledge of Blueprint scripting in UE4 is recommended, but not required.
Communication is key to a smooth and efficient pipeline, you must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other team-members and not be afraid to ask should any problems arise. We are an English-speaking team, so English fluency is a must.
If you are comfortable with teaching, you may be called upon to aid the more junior members of the team in any relevant area.
Other duties include: attending Slack meetings (Slack is an instant messaging we communicate with); completing monthly reports; and following team policies.
This is a volunteer position, so no monetary compensation is being offered.
At this time, we are having to rely upon free (or previously licensed) software. Please refer to the applications listed below for guidelines. We do not endorse piracy.
- C++ programming experience.
- Unreal Engine 4 and how C++ code interacts with it
- Providing clear and legible code.
- Online communication and Team-collaboration skills.
- A passion for coding and a dedication to creating AAA quality games.
- Blueprint scripting experience
- Git Experience
- At least 1 Unreal Engine project (using C++) prepared to show prior to the interview. If you do not have one, we can give you an assignment to complete (we will give you 2 weeks to complete it) to test your abilities.
- Unreal Engine 4 ( https://www.unrealengine.com/register )
- Visual Studio Community Edition ( https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/downloads/ ) with Unreal Engine packages
Epoch Games is a volunteer-based, all-online, global game development team. The Co-Founders of Epoch Games were originally part of a Modding Team developing the total conversion Middle Earth Roleplaying Project (MERP) mod for the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim:
Currently Epoch Games is developing The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order (LoA:SO). LoA:SO is an in-development indie open-world RPG set in an original fantasy world:
The game is being developed using Epic Games' Unreal Engine 4 (UE4):
See our Benefits page for more information about what we can (and can't) offer Team Members at this time:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
NOTE: The address listed is our central office, but we are working as a completely remote development team at this time. No relocation is necessary.