This job might no longer be available.
Commerce and Identity Team - Software Engineer- Java
Redwood City California United States
7 months ago
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
The commerce and identity team is part of EADP (EA digital platform) which develops one of the largest eCommerce and Identity platforms to power hundreds of cross-platform games played by hundreds of millions of players. The distributed online platform provides foundation services to games including identity management, authentication, authorization, account security, subscription, billing, payment, virtual currency, provisioning, entitlement, risk and fraud at 24x7 with 99.99% reliability. Open-source technologies are widely used such as docker, MySQL, MemCached, Redis, Kafka, ActiveMQ, Spark and etc. This is a unique opportunity to work on online space for a great game company. Looking forward to joining us to be a full-stack engineer.
What a Software Engineer, Commerce team does at EA
You will be a Software Engineer on the Commerce Platform team and will manage the design and implementation of our commerce/identity management system and platform development.
- Work with program managers to understand requirements and translate them into technical designs which are reviewed by the partner.
- Participate in technical design and implementation of features.
- Design underlying database schema, interface, and plan for capacity.
- Implement high-quality code with comprehensive unit testing.
- Be an expert in your area.
- Fix bugs raised from stabilization, integration and production.
- Troubleshoot issues raised from production and resolve customer problems.
- Evaluate and adopt technologies which improve the team efficiency and platform capabilities.
- Code review peer developer’s code and provide feedback to ensure consistency and quality of code.
- Bachelor in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Familiar with one of programming languages such as Java, C# or C++
- Solid computer science background including Algorithm, Data Structure, Operation System, Database etc. You’re a true developer!
- Passionate to be a full-stack engineer and eager to learn and improve
- Ability to quickly learn complex systems and new technologies
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.