University Grad: Commerce and Identity Team - Software Engineer II
Redwood City California United States
4 days ago
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
The commerce and identity team is part of EADP (EA digital platform) which is tasked to develop one of the largest eCommerce and Identity platforms to power hundreds of cross-platform games played by hundreds of millions of players. The distributed online platform is responsible for providing foundation services to games including identity management, authentication, authorization, account security, subscription, billing, payment, virtual currency, provisioning, entitlement, risk and fraud at 24x7 with 99.99% reliability. Open-source cutting-edge technologies are widely used such as docker, MySQL, MemCached, Redis, Kafka, ActiveMQ, Spark and etc. This is a unique opportunity to work on online space for a great game company. Looking forward to joining us to be a full-stack engineer.
What a Software Engineer, Commerce team does at EA
The successful candidate for this position will serve as a Software Engineer on the Commerce Platform team and will be responsible for the design and implementation of our commerce/identity management system and platform development.
- Work with program managers to understand business requirements and translate those into technical designs which are reviewed and signed off by the stack holder.
- Participate in technical design and implementation of features.
- Design underlying database schema, interface, and plan for capacity.
- Implement high quality code with comprehensive unit testing.
- Be a subject matter expert in your area.
- Fix bugs raised from stabilization, integration and production.
- Troubleshoot issues raised from production and resolve customer problems.
- Evaluate and adopt technologies which improve the team efficiency and platform capabilities.
- Code review peer developer’s code and provide constructive feedback to ensure consistency and quality of code.
- Bachelor in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Familiar with one of programing languages such as Java, C# or C++
- Solid computer science background including Algorithm, Data Structure, Operation System, Database etc. You’re a true developer!
- Passionate to be a full-stack engineer and eager to learn and improve
- Ability to quickly learn complex systems and new technologies
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills
…and, in general, the potential to sweep us off our feet!
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.