Unity Tooling Engineer
16 days ago
Founded in 2007, Lumos Labs is the leader in brain training. Over 100 million users have used our Lumosity application to train their cognitive skills, playing our games over 7 billion times. We support trailblazing cognitive research and there have been over 65 peer-reviewed publications in academic journals using Lumosity games, assessments or data. We are building one of the premiere digital health brands and are looking for talented, mission-oriented people to join us on the journey. Lumos Labs is located in the SoMa area of San Francisco, CA with remote colleagues country- and world-wide. The Sr. Backend Engineer position can be performed anywhere in the U.S.
Lumos is looking for a Unity Tooling Engineer to join the game engineering team. This team is responsible for the games our users interact with directly. We are passionate about giving our customers a first class experience by creating frictionless, entertaining and robust applications. In order to do so we often need to find unique development solutions through automation and tools. We’re looking for someone that can help us create and manage build, CI/CD, automation, and other infrastructure pipelines for Unity-based games.
- Drive the design, development and maintenance of our game development toolset.
- Have a focus on performance of build, CI/CD and automation processes by developing testable, reusable, and efficient code.
- Collaborate with back-end and infrastructure developers on how best to integrate and deploy our Unity games.
- Understand and actively implement a high level of security and data protection through the development process.
- Be a champion of clear documentation and distribution of information regarding architectural choices, processes and database schemas.
- Keep informed of advancements in the field of build, CI/CD and automation processes as well as of game development in general.
- Be an active participant in shaping and maintaining our culture by suggesting improvements to processes and technologies.
- The excitement and fun of the early-stage startup paired with the maturity and stability of a later-stage business with substantial revenue and company infrastructure.
- Competitive compensation, including salary and benefits on-par with later-stage companies, and equity compensation on-par with earlier-stage ones.
- An egoless environment that fosters collaboration of all types. We have a culture of ownership, trust, camaraderie, and fun.
- A focus on sustainability -- in our products, our business, and for our employees.
- A culture that values coming together and sharing our varied interests to illuminate new and inspiring ideas, all with a focus on helping our users make meaningful improvements in their lives.
- The opportunity to learn, grow, and bond with a tight community of coworkers based in SF, and with teammates around the world (OR, WA, NJ, SD, OH, MD, CT, IL, NV, Germany, Brazil, Serbia, Ukraine, India).
- Competitive benefits (options for individual and/or domestic partner/family medical, dental and vision plans, EAP, FSA, commuter benefits, parental and other leaves, One Medical membership and much more!)
- A collaborative culture where growth from within is encouraged.
- Continuous learning budget for conferences, professional and skill development.
- Flexible time off to rest, reset, and recharge.
- Flexible and remote work arrangements.
- Monthly wellness, internet, and cell phone reimbursements.
- Fun social events such as board game nights, work anniversary celebrations, weekly happy hours, and quarterly company-wide events.
- Team lunches and off-sites (past excursions include creative retreats, cooking classes, escape rooms, and terrarium building).
- Regular creative learning sessions, skill shares, forums, guest speakers, and workshops.
- We recognize family is important -- we host Bring Your Child to Work Day annually as well as other kid-friendly offsite events.
- We empower employees to give back to our community -- our DEI team facilitates this through activities and initiatives year-round.
Lumos Labs values diversity and recognizes that employees from a broad range of perspectives improves both the practice of science and the brain training experience for everyone. We are committed to inclusion, diversifying tech, and advocating for diversity in our employees, their experiences, and the people we serve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.