Unity Graphics Developer - Mobile Games
Madison Wisconsin 53715 United States
8 days ago
PerBlue is looking for a passionate Unity Graphics Developer to join our team of experienced engineers and game designers. We’re a quickly growing independent studio whose free-to-play midcore mobile games have been played by millions people around the world, including the award-winning Disney Heroes: Battle Mode .
Our cross-functional and collaborative team has experience across the videogame industry. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, we are also based remotely around the United States for an unmatched quality of life and work.
Get an inside look at what it's like to be a developer with PerBlue in this PDF .
You’ll be focused on the front-end rendering engine of our mobile games. You’ll optimize game code and rendering to run on mobile devices, write shaders, and continually improve our graphics to achieve top-notch visual quality and optimal performance.
You will play a key role in bringing to life high quality characters and art assets. You’ll design and implement flexible combat engine features as well as integrate art and implement mechanics for combat characters and environments.
You’ll work in a collaborative environment with a cross-functional team of artists, designers, and QA to create game features, build art integration pipeline tooling and infrastructure, and bring designer specs to life in the game engine.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- 3+ years experience at a games studio (mobile, console, or PC)
- Strong C# and Java background
- Extensive experience with Unity, Unreal, or another game engine
- Experience writing shaders (GLSL/HLSL/Cg)
- A passion for all things programming with amazing technical skills
- Be results-oriented and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive and able to take ownership of tasks and projects
Other Preferred Skills and Experience
- Low level graphics API experience (OpenGL, DirectX, Metal, and/or Vulkan)
- C/C++ experience
- Experience with an ECS library (e.g. DOTS, Artemis, LeoECS)
- Mobile development experience (Android, iOS)
- An interest and passion for gaming (RPG, Strategy)
- Desire and willingness to learn new technology and tools
- Ability to effectively communicate with team-members and management
- A focus on product and an eye for quality
Compensation and Benefits
We offer 6+ weeks of paid vacation and health, dental, and vision insurance as well as a well-matched 401k. We also support our remote team with a catered lunch plan, snack box delivery, and a variety of other perks. You'll be part of an energetic, diverse, and collaborative environment with flexible hours. We are headquartered in the vibrant neighborhood around beautiful downtown Madison .
We’ve been named to several “Best Place to Work” awards by a variety of publications.
No agencies, please. We regret that we cannot consider visa sponsorship or candidates based outside of the United States for this position at this time.