Unity Generalist Programmer - Full-time remote contract
10 days ago
Looking for Experienced Unity Programmer (Full-time remote contract, US/Canada timezones only)
Igloosoft is a new indie studio currently working on Outworlder (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1363900/Outworlder/), a 2D side-scrolling space survival and colony management sim following in the footsteps of games like Starbound and RimWorld.
We are currently looking to add two (2) Generalist Programmers to our team as we enter the final stretch before release.
About the Job: Generalist Programmer
Working under the supervision of the Lead Developer, you will be asked to complete specific game development tasks, such as implementing new mechanics and systems, integrating assets in Unity, filing and fixing bugs, making builds, writing design briefs and updating technical documentation.
We work using a simple agile system with an all-team meeting on Friday and a sprint meeting every Monday. Daily communication is done through Discord.
Igloosoft is committed to work-life balance and has a strict no-crunch policy. We strive to offer the working conditions that will allow you to provide your best work for the weeks, months and years ahead.
The ideal candidate will have
- 3+ years of experience using Unity and C# in a professional capacity
- Proven ability to maintain high productivity in a remote team environment
- Experience with Unity's UI systems
- Experience with network programming, including realtime multiplayer and web APIs
- Experience working on a game with similar parameters (systems-based, multiplayer, dynamic/destructible environments)
Note: Feel free to apply even if you don't meet all of the above criteria.
How to Apply
Send an e-mail to Ben (Lead Developer) at firstname.lastname@example.org. It needs to contain:
1. Your introduction or cover letter
2. A comprehensive list of ALL your work experience and education (resume), and
3. A list of projects you've worked on (portfolio)
Note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.