12 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $77 billion in 2020 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
About The Job:
Come be a founding member of this exciting Unity 3D team responsible for developing new APIs and best-in-class integrations to our platform. Be at the forefront of our developer program while you help lead the team to success by building new APIs, improving the ways developers integrate to Skillz via Unity, and building real reference examples . Ranging from scaled on-platform features to multiplayer gaming example building, this job will have you involved in many exciting projects.
What You'll Do:
- You will be responsible for creating integration examples for all our platform’s most exciting features.
- Effectively collaborate with all project stakeholders i.e. Product Management and Mobile Client Engineers
- Clearly communicate with management any risk areas; come up with risk mitigation plans
- Encourage and drive initiatives which promote innovation and technical excellence
- Coach and motivate your team to ensure high productivity and teamwork
- Interface with other internal teams to prioritize features and functionality based on the resources available and business priorities
- Bachelor’s or Master degree (preferred) in Computer Science or equivalent and 8+ years of related experience in software industry
- 5+ years of experience with Unity 3D
- Preferably experience with building plugins for Unity 3D
- Ability to coach and motivate fellow team members
- Proven success leading projects in fast-paced, growing-organization environment
- Fluent in C# and Unity 3D design patterns
- Experience with Java, Swift, or Objective-C (nice-to-haves)
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.