Unity Engineer - Unannounced Project
13 days ago
Who are we?
Have you ever wanted to build something that helps others create and explore? Have you ever wanted to be a part of a team that genuinely wants to help players share their creative ideas, dreams, and visions with millions of other players at the same time? Right now, we’re searching for aUnity Engineer to join the team doing exactly that! We’re building what we genuinely believe is the future of creative gaming, giving the players a plethora of design tools to create games, experiences, and more. Once creators are happy with what they’re building, they can share it with others, securely, knowing full well their creation is safe and more importantly - theirs.
With groundbreaking technologies available to you as a part of Ringtail, this team is unique. We are extremely excited by what we are building and if what you’ve read so far has you feeling that way too, then we want to hear from you!
About the role
As a Unity engineer, you will be working on the development of high-quality games and applications using the Unity game engine. You will work closely with designers, artists, and other programmers to create high-quality games.
You will participate in code reviews and contribute to continuous improvement of our development practices, stay up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements in Unity development.
The outcome will be an excellent player experience brought to millions of gamers where your work will be seen front and center.
Your day-to-day as a Unity Engineer
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality games.
- Write clean, optimized, readable and maintainable C# code.
- Design, develop, and maintain game systems and features.
- Optimize performance, memory usage, and load times for all target platforms (PC, mobile).
- Adopt and share techniques, tools, and best practices in Unity development to improve team efficiency and quality.
- Good knowledge of C#, .Net experience is a plus.
- Track record of shipping games or applications using Unity.
- Familiarity with Unity's built-in tools and external plugins for graphics and audio optimization.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with team members from different disciplines.
- Knowledge of common design patterns and software engineering practices.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git.
- Good communication skills.
Good to have
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g., Git) and issue tracking tools (e.g., Jira).
- Experience with mobile game development.
- Experience with multiplayer game development.
- Experience with live service games.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Passion for game development and a desire to learn and grow.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently when needed.
- Positive attitude and willingness to take on challenges.
- Openness to feedback.
About Ringtail Interactive
At Ringtail Interactive, we are consistently pushing the boundaries of what is possible for a small but fast-growing development team. We currently have three different departments working on a variety of projects; from a high-quality game platform for creators of all kinds, to a top-secret, cutting edge game development tool that we believe will change the industry forever, and more.
The company is made up of a diverse group of experienced professionals from all around the world united by a passion for games. As we continue to build the core of the team, we will be taking big next steps on defining the future development of our projects, and all of our employees will get the opportunity to have an impact on the products we show to the world.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.