Unity Engineer (Mid-level)
2 days ago
As an Engineer at Outplay, you will be expected to make solid individual contributions to the project that you are working on. You are expected to be able to deliver small to medium-sized features, taking them through the entire software development lifecycle with little supervision.
You should have strong familiarity with the tools and processes used within your team and be able to use them to deliver quality software in line with estimates.
As an Engineer, you should take responsibility for maintaining the quality of the software produced across your team. You will work with your team to establish well-considered, accurate timescales for delivery and can anticipate where issues may arise ahead of commitment.
You are a Unity developer with the ability to work and communicate well in a team environment. You are a passionate individual, with the ability to support and to contribute to ideas, thoughts, and opinions to help drive your game product forward as you share your understanding of mobile games and development with your team.
- Strong knowledge of Unity platform and C#
- Good understanding of OO principles
- Good understanding of game coding principles and techniques
- Ability to write performant code
- Professional experience developing mobile games
- Experience of Unity Editor tooling is a plus
- Released titles for mobile platforms, ideally using Unity, is a plus
Responsibilities and Strengths
- Deliver features, improvements, and fixes in line with team standards and practices.
- Take individual responsibility for small to medium sized pieces of work through the complete software delivery lifecycle.
- Take individual responsibility for estimating the effort remaining on your work items.
- Write code that is clear, concise, and easily understandable by others.
- Perform code reviews to maintain and improve the quality of code across the project.
- Contribute to company and team best-practises.
- Authoritatively handle one or more aspects of content creation.
- Help with review and guiding Juniors, including onboarding, as required.
- Point of contact for your team regarding pipeline and tool processes.
- Confident in your ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Passionate about maintaining and improving high standards of engineering within your project.
- Clear and accurate communication of progress to other members of the team.
- An ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms that others can understand.
- An eagerness to expand and improve your software development skills.
- Collaboration with others to work through difficulties in a pragmatic and timely fashion.
- Confident in abilities and clear on the goals of assigned project(s).
- Ability to tackle code challenges with a player-focused perspective.
Founded in 2011 and based in Dundee, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK.
To date, the studio’s games have received over 160 million downloads, have been featured multiple times as Apple’s Editors’ Choice, won TIGA awards and received a BAFTA nomination.
With a passionate focus on making the best games, our talented and dynamic team have developed several critically acclaimed and award-winning games. Gordon Ramsay’s Chef Blast and Mystery Match Village are the latest titles in the portfolio, bringing more of the high-quality visuals, production values and casual yet engaging gameplay that Outplay is known for.
With an exciting pipeline of future titles in development and continued growth on our existing games Outplay is just getting started.
What we can offer
You will have the chance to benefit from our talent initiative, The Outplay Academy - and the opportunity to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. From mentoring schemes and educational workshops to industry event attendance and guest speakers - we are proud of our dedication to development.
We also offer the following staff benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days holiday
- Access to our team discount scheme
- Employee assistance package
- Childcare savings
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect, because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.