Unity Client Architect
1 month ago
Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the billions. Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking a Unity Client Architect to help create and promote standards for how we write client APIs, incorporate test environments, manage dependencies, and ultimately our strategy for releasing and updating our libraries to internal and external game teams. You will spend significant time working across Niantic platform teams and 1st/3rd party game teams to ensure our strategy is cohesive and coordinated.
- Engage with game teams, product management, leadership, and engineers to develop client concepts that advance the entire product pipeline.
- Work closely with various internal and external organizations to define and execute long-term roadmaps, including defining strategy to reduce overhead of using our products in Unity.
- Lead client architecture for Niantic products that unlocks and empowers the developers.
- Communicate technology strategy effectively to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Define API standards for libraries in Unity/C# and low level native plugins.
- At least 2 years of experience as Architect/Tech Lead.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the complexities and standardizations of Game development platforms and SDKs for mass adoption, such as experience creating SDKs for a large audience.
- Helped develop strategic plan for API/SDK structures and patterns and demonstrated experience building, debugging, and deploying SDKs, tools, and applications.
- Contributed to team success through code and architectural reviews.
- Confident and empathetic in written and verbal communication and have experience in speaking to technical and business audiences, including creating and presenting cross-departmental presentations.
- Experience shipping a suite of Unity Packages with Unity Package Manager, specializing in mobile games with excellent knowledge of Unity software (assets, organized hierarchy of scenes, prefabs).
- Knowledge of java.
- Experience with C++ on mobile devices, as well as knowledge of vendor specific native APIs on Android and/or iOS.
- Experience with Augmented Reality or Mixed Reality.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.