This job might no longer be available.
Unannounced Project - Art Director
13 days ago
Hi-Rez Studios is seeking an exceptionally skilled and inspirational Art Director to help kick start a new IP and game with our Red Beard Games Team.
Work alongside a team of talented / skilled artists, engineers, and designers; enjoying the support of a company whose culture is centered on iterative game development and delivering software as a service.
The ideal candidate possesses inspiring artistic vision, outstanding communications skills, strong leadership experience, and a proven track record of shipping AAA products in a lead artist role. Experience modeling and texturing assets for a diverse visual range of environments and a solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets are also essential.
You must be experienced at mentoring teams, able to create and maintain a collaborative environment for artists who are passionate about making games, be skilled in one or more areas of art creation (illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, or concept art), and well-versed in related tools (3DS Max, Photoshop, etc).
What our Art Directors do:
- Own, articulate, and evangelize visual direction for this IP.
- Work directly with a small team artists and leads to ensure smooth asset production through the content pipeline, through preproduction, growing the team as it nears shipping.
- Create concept paintings, models, textures, and other benchmark assets that help articulate or inspire visual direction
- Work closely with game design to ensure art supports a gameplay-first player experience
- Foster and maintain effective relationships inside and outside the art department
Who we are looking for: