This job might no longer be available.
Ubisoft Entrepreneur Accelerator Director
1 month ago
The Ubisoft Entrepreneur Accelerator program aims to accelerate local early-stage start-ups through minority investment and mentoring by Ubisoft. The program is a logical next step for the overall Ubisoft Entrepreneur program supporting the local techno-creative entrepreneurs in Canada for the past 5 years.
The Ubisoft Entrepreneur Accelerator Director is responsible for managing all aspects of the Ubisoft Entrepreneurs accelerator program in Quebec.
The director reports directly to the Associate VP Corporate Affairs and works closely with the SVP & VP Corporate Affairs, the VP Corporate Development, the Chief Corporate Finance Officer as well as the legal team.
- Source and conduct due diligence on selected Ubisoft accelerator applicants, work with the Global Sourcing Committee and the legal team to evaluate and confirm the investment terms & conditions and plan the ongoing mentoring to support the portfolio companies during their accelerator program participation;
- Be actively engaged with companies supporting their growth during their accelerator program participation;
- Develop and maintain relationships with partners, venture funds, trade associations or other institutions, start-ups and other companies for the purpose of positioning Ubisoft Entrepreneurs accelerator program and establishing a pipeline of viable company candidates for acceleration;
- Lead the development of the Ubisoft Entrepreneur accelerator program curriculum, including finding internal and/or external mentors and closely follow-up on the progress of the different portfolio companies;
- Participate in strategic development and execution of the Ubisoft Entrepreneur accelerator program by assisting in the establishment of the accelerator, definition of the program, establishment of selection criteria, and the continual refinement of the program;
- Provide regular and timely reporting on progress against Ubisoft Entrepreneurs performance objectives and the progress of the different initiatives;
- Experience in two or more of the following: venture capital, investment banking, management consulting, strategic sales & business development, technology company management and/or start-up operation;
- Passion for innovation, entrepreneurship, tech and video games;
- Proven experience and understanding of policy, advocacy, evaluation, business, and finance;
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate, build, and maintain strong working relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives;
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Our offices will be closed for the holiday season to give our teams a well-deserved rest. The processing of your application may take longer than usual, but we will give it our full attention once we return.
Creating the unknown since 1997.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being. Our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.