This job might no longer be available.
UX/UI Director - XDefiant
13 days ago
Ubisoft is looking for a UX/UI Director to join a team in charge of developing a AAA game and participate in the upcoming XDefiant.
You’ll also be part of the diverse Ubisoft San Francisco team. We embrace a variety of work situations based on what is best for the team, and we welcome people working in our SF office, remotely within the continental US, or some combination of the two. We put a priority on supporting our team members and what makes them happiest and most productive.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Ensure the overall quality, both visually and ergonomic, of the menus, interfaces and visual feedbacks
- Supervise the creation of the menus and interfaces art and style guides. Keep them up to date and ensure their applications.
- Provide or supervise wireframe mock-up creation or prototype for all menus, HUD and feedbacks
- Collaborate with the design team to define the ergonomic and interaction rules and controls, and make sure they are used coherently throughout all the systems
- Make sure everything is clear for the player, and propose solutions to any potential confusion
- Work with the core team of the game to participate in the game reviews; provide feedbacks and solutions to improve overall player’s experience
- Follow-up and ensure menus and interfaces integration within the game in collaboration with the project manager or associate producer.
- Anticipate and define the language localization constraint
- Work with the tech team to make sure solutions are feasible and planned, and adjust accordingly
- Work closely with the user research manager to define protocol of user testing, analyze results and develop solutions
- Manage the UI team
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Senior level experience as a UI design, art or UX design
- Relevant experiences in UI Art Direction, style guide creation or any UI design related document
- Relevant experiences in ergonomic
- Ability to communicate a vision
- Capacity to mock-up or prototype ideas
- Ability to provide constructive feedback
Learn more about XDefiant here - https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/xdefiant
Learn more about the Snowdrop engine here - https://www.ubisoft.com/snowdrop
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution to fully cover your deductible (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical challenge, and eSports competition reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Membership to One Medical
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
MORE ABOUT US
Ubisoft is composed of over 21,000 talented people located in 45+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
We are committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine, and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
The San Francisco base salary range for this full-time position is $148,000 - $185,000. The base pay offered may vary based on a candidate’s geographic region, qualifications, skills and experience among other factors. Compensation details reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, stock options, or benefits.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences. Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters.