UX/UI Designer (f/m/d)
15 days ago
KLANG IS A WELL-FUNDED ENTERTAINMENT STUDIO EXPLORING THE FUTURE OF HUMANITY THROUGH VARIOUS FORMS OF MEDIA. WE AIM TO PRESENT DEEP, MEANINGFUL SUBJECTS IN A WAY THAT'S CAPTIVATING, EASY-TO-DIGEST, AND ENTERTAINING FOR ALL AGES.
At the heart of Klang is SEED, a large-scale, persistent virtual world that we believe will redefine the MMO landscape and have a positive impact on our species.
We aspire to bring people together through engaging media experiences and by building strong communities.
Klang is looking for a passionate and talented UX/UI Designer (f/m/d) who will be responsible for designing the look, feel and interaction of our game experiences, always working as an advocate for our players. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess outstanding visual design skills, translate high-level requirements into top-level interaction flows, and transform those flows into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
What you will do:
- Work and learn in an interdisciplinary team of Game Designers, Engineers, Artists, and Producers
- Play an active role in all design phases, such as evaluations, user-flows, user-feedback, interaction models, wireframes, prototypes, visual mockups, AB testing, etc. as well as production.
- Create, document, iterate and implement components for the design system holistically
- Participate in playtests, interviews and make decisions based on data
- Guide product decisions through user research, customer development and iterative feedback loops
- Identify best practices and establish a data-driven, user-centric approach
- Be an advocate for great design practice and adopting new technology, champion customer-centric solutions
Who we think will be a great fit:
- Ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years of experience in UI/UX design, including experience on desktop/mobile games (especially ones that shipped)
- Proficient in modern design tools (Figma, Illustrator or equivalents)
- Experienced in modular/component-based design (i.e., design systems)
- Preferably worked in an Agile environment, creating prototypes, testing and learning from them
- Thorough and detail-oriented
- Excellent English communication skills
- Positive attitude and ability to receive and provide objective and constructive feedback
- A passion for games and a curious mind, eager to learn and spread knowledge
- Experience with user-centric design- and development approach
- 2D animation skills
- Ability to use Unity
- Knowledge of user research methods and analysis
- Experience with modern web or mobile tech (Flutter, React, Vue, Ember, Angular, etc.)
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Monthly public transport travel pass
- Monthly company co-contributions to private pensions
- Reimbursement for physical health activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental health support
- Flexible office hours (with core hours)
- Our own cafeteria serving free lunches daily - once we are back at the office
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office, adjustable standing desks, ergonomic chairs and mobile aircon units for hot summers
- Healthy snacks and drinks in the office
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.