This job might no longer be available.
13 days ago
We’re on the hunt for a UX designer to join our team who can champion the entire experience for players from the moment they launch our games through to when they’re talking about it with their friends on the weekend. We believe that great UX is about more than just creating wireframes and boxes on screens, and encapsulates the emotional journey that we take players on when they play our games. We’re looking for someone that’s excited to try new, exciting, and boundary pushing ideas to take our experiences both in and out game to the next level (we’re just prototyping right now so our starting level is real real low :P).
If this sounds like something you’d be excited about, we’d love to hear from you!
- Champion the entire UX design for both in game and out of game features that could be extensible across multiple titles and platforms.
- Work closely with our designers, engineers, and artists to bring your ideas to life.
- Set the quality bar for UX for our studio, and keep pushing for the ideas that sound crazy enough that they just might work. We love the idea of taking risks to create experiences that are truly memorable.
- 2+ years experience working in a UX/product design role in the games industry.
- 2+ years experience doing visual design to bring wireframes to life consistent with the desired look and feel of our games.
- Experience with tools like Figma, Adobe Creative, Sketch...really any other of the other common tools used for prototyping.
- Collaborative - you’re able, willing, and excited to take feedback from others in the pursuit of arriving at the best outcome for our players.
- Current - you stay up to date on what’s going on in the market, playing around with the latest games and apps to find inspiration for your own designs.
- A passion for multiplayer PvP games.
Nice to haves:
- Visual Design skills
- Technical Implementation skills
- Experience in a small, scrappy team startup environment.
- Experience in cross platform design and development
- Dental/Vision/Pharmacare coverage. Canada has universal health care, so you and your family will be covered by OHIP.
- Open paid-time-off policy with 2 week minimum enforced by the company. We trust you to take time off when you need it.
- Competitive salaries (benchmarked to Canada) that value your experience and dedication.
- Stock options in an early stage startup. We want you to be motivated to stick with us for the long haul.
- Annual game stipend. We can all learn so much from new games coming out.
*This role is applicable for relocation and immigration support.
Odyssey Interactive is a Canadian Game Development studio formed around the mantra of building "Games you Live". We believe that the best games are the ones you think about long after you put them down, that help you feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself, and that you believe you can invest in for years to come.
We're on a mission to build games with the same emotional potential as the games we fell in love with growing up, but designing them with a mobile first mindset. We believe the next generation of gamers is going to the be most connected, the most diverse, and the most relentlessly driven generation this world has ever seen - and for them phones aren't just a tool, they're an extension of their body. We believe they deserve the same quality of games that we feel in love with so many years ago.
The founding team is comprised of 4 former leads from Riot Games where we led teams such as a the League of Legends Balance Team, the League of Legends Champion Design team, and the development of Teamfight Tactics - and are excited to try to build a world class studio with an awesome team...a team that you could be a part of!