UX/UI Designer - Sledgehammer Games Toronto
11 days ago
Job Title:UX/UI Designer - Sledgehammer Games Toronto
Sledgehammer Games, award winning developer of several titles in the Call of Duty franchise, is looking for talented developers to join us as founding members of our new Toronto team. This group will partner with our global teams in Foster City, California and Melbourne, Victoria in the creation of epic content for some of the biggest games in the world. This is an opportunity to help grow and shape a AAA team from the ground up, adding new skills to your armory while gaining the unique satisfaction that only comes from building something brand new. Join us on our quest to maintain and improve a healthy and inspiring studio culture!
The studio is navigating their 2 nd decade of game development, focused on constant evolution, innovation and qualified risk-taking – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class content production and engineering teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for talented game developers for our exciting new projects.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it’s like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
As a UX/UI Designer you will be working on overall UX flow and user experience of the game in all aspects and phases of production. You will be providing UX, UI and Interaction design and documentation for various aspects of the game, UI Design system, and be a part of implementation. We value a culture of collaboration and are seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile designer to join our team. If you share a passion for developing groundbreaking gameplay with a proven team, then this may be the position you’ve been waiting for!
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Works on the UI design (Flows Menus and HUDs) to meet design goals.
- Works closely with UX Lead and Systems Designers to create an exceptional overall user experience throughout the game.
- Creates Prototypes and documentation
- Works closely with UI artists and UI engineers to deliver the best possible consistent user experience while staying within the engine’s technical requirements.
- Takes active role in implementation and feature delivery.
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding of the UX field
- Three + years of practical work experience in the field
- Has created a complete UX Flow for at least one shipped AAA title
- Has basic knowledge of LUA or any other scripting language
- Has advanced skills in 2D animation
- Team player
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills
- Takes and understands direction and feedback well
- Meets deadlines and handles multiple tasks and/or priorities
- Experience in Game Design
- Proficiency in Visual Design
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Five years of Game Industry experience is preferred
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment . We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.