UX/UI Designer, Service Tech
21 days ago
Team Name:Battle.net & Online Products
Job Title:UX/UI Designer, Service Tech
As a designer on the Service Technologies design team, you can help create and contribute to products for both gamers and internal users. You’ll collaborate with a variety of teams on our support experience, our CRM platform, and many more products that our players rely on to play their games and take part in Blizzard’s epic entertainment experiences.
We need team players who can thrive in a highly collaborative, rapidly changing, and multi-disciplinary environment. You’re someone who can manage both the work as well as cultivate the relationships needed to be an effective designer. You have top-tier communication skills, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and can think globally.
Covid-19 Hiring Update : We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
What our team is working on:
- How do gamers navigate their journey to play nice and play fair and what role does Support play in designing for that path?
- What are the needs of different gamers across the Battle.net platform and how do we ensure Support is meeting them at the right time, in the right place, with the right resources?
- When a gamer contacts Support, how do we ensure they are interacting with Game Masters equipped with the right information and tools to help quickly and effectively resolve their issue?
- Understand what our users are doing and why – Analytics, competitive analysis, interviews, and research support
- Define problems and opportunities – Combine analysis of our user with business needs to form stories and plan solutions
- Create and show solutions – Strategy, wireframes, flowcharts, prototypes, feature matrices, and designs using tools such as Sketch, Axure, and Principle; you’ll be presenting and communicating your work across the organization and to other teams at Blizzard
- Collaborate effectively – Team up with other disciplines such as product managers, engineers, other designers, and researchers
- Iterate based on “validated learning” – More flowcharts, wires, and designs – often in collaboration with the research team
- Deliver and follow through – Launch ideas (e.g. final wires, detailed flows, error states, etc.) and assist in the post-launch analysis including A / B testing
- Drive strategy – Strategize and drive the design of products and features with the right combination of creativity, moxie, and energy
Submission / Portfolio Instructions:
- Cover Letter, resume, and a portfolio with examples of your design work
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!