UI/UX Design Director (f/m/d)
15 days ago
Klang is a Berlin-based game studio whose mission is to create deep and meaningful online experiences that bring people together.
At the heart of Klang is SEED, a large-scale virtual world that will provide immersive social experiences through gaming.
Caring, Harmony and Innovation are at the core of SEED as well as our core values as a company. We want to continue building a nurturing and collaborative environment for our employees with an evolving structure that adapts as we grow.
We are looking for a UI/UX Design Director (f/m/d) who has a strong background in complex UI/UX design and enjoys working in a collaborative, challenging and creative work environment.
You are passionate about simulations and storytelling in video games, as well as elegant, re-usable User Interfaces. You are motivated to accept the challenge to marry these concepts and communicate them to the player in the most immersive and clear way possible. If you want to work on an ambitious and ground-breaking project and join a team that offers strong career growth, we have an amazing opportunity for you!
What you will do:
- Translate the creative vision into a feasible, appropriate UI/UX context for Designers to work with.
- Lead the effort around creating a holistic UI/UX strategy and direction for SEED.
- Set up UI/UX guidelines, principles and requirements for Designers to ensure a coherent UI/UX experience in SEED.
- Oversee the work of the UI/UX team, set up processes, create and maintain UI/UX documentation and information structure.
- Represent the UI/UX team within Klang and deliver updates and presentations for the whole company.
- Collaborate and establish trusted work relationships with heads, directors and other members across all disciplines.
- Set foundations for a future growth of UI/UX at Klang. Guide the UI/UX development with the use of roadmaps and other planning tools.
- Provide design feedback and take action in order to continuously ensure and raise the quality of SEED.
You will be a great fit if you have:
- Worked as a Lead on at least one relevant project.
- Experience in a game pre-production phase ideally in a similar game or in any game with a complex UI design.
- Experience of leading a large complex project from the beginning.
- Experience of UI/UX production experience in large game projects (preferably PC).
- Interested to work on emergent and complex systems such as the City Builder MMO.
- Knowledge of Figma at the intermediate level.
- Excellent communication and personal management skills, ability to engage and lead cross-department communication.
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development
- An opportunity to work in an onsite/hybrid mode or remotely from Germany or Europe
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Monthly public transport travel pass
- Monthly company co-contributions to private pensions
- Reimbursement for physical health activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental health support
- Flexible office hours (with core hours)
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office, adjustable standing desks, and mobile AC units for hot summers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.