UX Technical Designer - Dragon Age (12 Month Contract)
5 days ago
BioWare creates games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters and vast worlds. It operates primarily out of Edmonton (Alberta, CAN) and Austin (Texas, USA) creating some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles since 1995. The studio is currently working on future game experiences for the Mass Effect™ franchise, one of the highest rated video game series of all time, and the Dragon Age™ franchise, whose latest entry was the 2014 Game of the Year. We are also working on announced projects Star Wars™ The Old Republic™, a story-driven massively multiplayer online game, and Anthem™, a co-operative Action-RPG set in a new and mysterious world.
- Implement screens, widgets, logic, and data flows with the guidance of senior technical designers.
- Design and help build tools and workflows to support iterative development.
- Prove out and advocate for best practices for UI architecture.
- Work with our designers and programmers to determine design, technical and data requirements.
- Implement UI animation and audio of prepared screen assets to support interaction and motion guidelines.
- Document features and processes within your scope of work.
- Collaborate with programming, art, audio, and animation departments on UX Design requirements.
- Communicate with production on scheduling and identify dependencies.
- Partner with QV to verify feature comprehension and completion.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 3+ years of experience prototyping, developing and maintaining UI features from concept to release.
- Working knowledge of standard industry game engines such as Frostbite, Unreal, or Unity.
- Experience with Visual Scripting or Programming/Scripting languages such as Unreal Blueprint, ActionScript, or LUA.
- Demonstrate an understanding of user experience design principles.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and online collaborative tools such as Miro is a plus.