This job might no longer be available.
UX Research Manager
Redwood City California United States
6 days ago
UX Research Manager
At Electronic Arts, we exist to inspire the world to play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players’ experiences first in everything we do.
As a Research Manager at EA, you will report to the Director of Experience Design where you'll envision digital and live experiences for players, game creation, recruitment, publishing, and employees. As our research leader you will manage researchers and work with design leads, product managers, engineers, and other partners throughout the production cycle aligned on business goals, customer needs and trade-offs.
Note that this is not a game studio design role **
Only applications with a portfolio submission will be considered **
- Connect user research with products related to player, recruiting, employee, and game creation related products acting as an amplifier for relevant insights by working across the company (Experience Design, Engineering, Product Management and Marketing Insights).
- Be an expert at matching research insights and its delivery mechanisms with the priorities and strategic goals product pillars.
- Advocate for user experience, product consistency, and design excellence.
- Mentor and inspire researchers and designers, providing direction to help them do the most impactful work of their career.
- Cultivate a team culture of building strategic partnerships.
- Work with designers, creating user scenarios, concept sketches, experience storyboards, high fidelity designs, and rapid prototypes.
- Work with product managers, designers, engineers, researchers, marketers, and external partners to establish cohesive language and a unified voice across products and platforms.
- Meet customer needs and business goals.
- Work behind the scenes to identify and remove potential roadblocks.
- Establish strategic plans that improve design team efficiency.
- Organize meetings to guide progress against goals and establish clear next steps.
- Participate in sharing constructive feedback in design reviews based on your own insight.
- Provide research that directly supports consumer marketing, social marketing and strategy, and audience illumination.
- Experience shaping content for diverse projects.
- Skill at framing problems and scoping research approaches.
- Expert at questionnaire design, survey programming, data analysis, and translating complex questions into efficient and focused inquiries.
- Experience analyzing end-to-end product development from initial product strategy to post-launch iteration.
- Understand modern experience design methodology.
- Experience in Agile Scrum Methodology work processes.
- Familiarity with a variety of product design software, spreadsheets (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and customer research tools.
- Diverse B2B/B2C portfolio ( 10+ years ), spanning both web and mobile, that reflect design excellence