UX Research Intern (Summer 2021)
7 days ago
Los Angeles’ premier mobile games studio, Jam City is seeking a UX Research Intern to join its Consumer Insights teams for our Summer 2021 Internship Program. A unique opportunity to join an award-winning gaming company, this is a fantastic opportunity for students to be part of games user research and provide valuable player insights to influence the growth and development of a portfolio of over 10+ mobile games. Jam City is the creator of leading games like; Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Disney Frozen Adventures, Disney Emoji Blitz, and Cookie Jam. Our Summer 2021 Internship Program will be entirely remote.
Internship Program Qualifications:
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate university program in the U.S (upcoming Juniors or Seniors) and able to intern remotely through late August 2021
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US during the Summer 2021 session. Visa sponsorship is not available for our internship positions.
- Be able to work on a part-time basis (up to 30 hours per week)
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Under the general direction of and coaching with senior researchers, perform moderately complex research and experimentation--including playtesting, usability testing, surveys, and journey mapping--by following and adhering to UX best practices.
- Work closely with researchers to execute research plans including lab preparation, note-taking, transcription, and analysis of research sessions.
- Partner closely with game teams to understand hypotheses, goals, and strategies, and develop research plans that will impact game design and overall quality for players.
- Assist with journey mapping to give context to and help teams visualize how players experience Jam City titles throughout the game lifecycle.
- Analyze competitor titles to determine mobile gaming UX trends and their impact on players, and share those findings with game teams.
- Partner with Product Managers and Data Science to enrich research findings with analytics and behavioral data
- Review reports, surveys, screeners, and other research stimuli to ensure a high level of quality and accuracy.
- Take initiative to stay current with industry trends and best practices in the mobile games industry and in the user research industry.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Passion for playing and analyzing games (mobile and avid gamers are a plus).
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical skills, especially in observing user behavior and identifying key opportunities for improvement.
- Excellent Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) proficiency.
- Understanding of data analysis, with some familiarity with both quantitative and qualitative research.
- Some experience with survey tools (Qualtrics, Survey Gizmo, Survey Monkey, etc.) is preferred.
- Self-starter with passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results and affect meaningful change.
- Strong attention to detail, written and oral communications skills
About Jam City’s Internship Program:
Jam City’s Summer 2021 Digital Internship Program will take place from June 14th - August 27, 2021 and will be entirely remote. Students can expect a paid, part-time (25-30 hours per week) internship working alongside Jam City’s business and studio development teams. Within internships, students gain valuable insights into our products, players, and industry. Our program allows students to work on impactful projects, collaborate with industry professionals, and develop problem solving skills through real hands on experiences. We’re looking for students that bring curiosity, creativity, and an interest in mobile games.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.