UX Program Manager
9 days ago
Amazon is all in on games. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and e-sports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, and want to help developers around the world succeed in building and delivering these next-generation games -- come join us.
Amazon Games Publishing is looking for a UX Program Manager to join our growing User Experience team. We are an Amazon Web Services (AWS) team obsessed with helping game developers revolutionize the way they deliver and monetize their games. We aim to address game development challenges for customers at any scale. In this role, you will work collaboratively with designers, researchers, engineers, product management, and other program managers leading projects throughout the planning, design, and development lifecycle. As the UX Program Manager, your emphasis will be on planning and prioritization of design deliverables, resource management, schedule tracking, mitigating project risks, and collaborating with design leads to deliver innovative solutions across work streams.
Responsibilities of the role include:
· Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
· Put repeatable processes in place that help us plan and manage multiple parallel projects and run our business
· Create, maintain, and disseminate project information to stakeholders and senior management
· Working across teams to create strong relationships with stakeholders and senior leadership teams
· Communicate project status with design team and stakeholders regularly
· Seek opportunities to make improvements to team efficiency and process
· Primary point of contact for design, working closely with design leads and directors to proactively clarify requirements and use cases, actively seeking clarification when there is ambiguity
About Amazon Games
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
· 3+ years of experience as a program or project manager, UX producer, or similar role
· 3+ years of experience leading project delivery for large, cross functional, projects
· Background working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary UX team
· Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills
· Excellent understanding of UX design and software development
· Able to identify and mitigate risk on projects
· Experience with Agile/Scrum
· Experience with JIRA/Confluence
· Experience building/delivering consumer electronic products
· A love for helping customers of all types build without constraints
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.