12 days ago
What We're Working On
What happens when the phrase "It's not rocket science" no longer applies to your day-to-day? Your days start becoming more distinct yet satisfyingly challenging! Kerbal Space Program 2 is the much-anticipated sequel to 2015's Kerbal Space Program (KSP), the game that launched a thousand aerospace careers!
To reintroduce the heart of KSP to a new generation of fans, we're extending KSP2 in every possible direction by launching the game forward to a future with next-gen technology, space colonies, and a multiplayer experience allowing friends to build their interstellar civilizations together. We're shuttling players upward to new star systems, improving onboarding, and lowering the entry barrier to usher in a new era of explorers.
If you're an ever-curious individual with an empathetic and analytical approach to problem-solving, you may be the UX teammate we're searching for. Join us in crafting the KSP experience to be more approachable while preserving its core. It's a very tall order and requires a driven designer with the expertise to build on and deliver an idea from concept to completion.
Role & Responsibilities
Among the various ideas you'll be cultivating; your responsibilities will involve the following:
- Collaborate with the UX/UI Lead, UI Artist, and Game Designers to resolve functionality and accessibility requirements.
- Dive into the deep knowledge base of KSP to immerse yourself in the Player's cockpit. You'll identify issues through various user flows and assess solutions through prototypes & user tests.
- Produce comprehensive documentation detailing the blueprints for the Engineering team. Assist in UI-related tasks ranging from asset creation, animation to implementation into Unity.
- Contribute and iterate on workflows and processes to streamline the team's iteration loops.
- A Bachelor's degree in a UX/Design-related field is required.
- 2-4 years of software or game proven experience
- A portfolio demonstrating a detailed understanding of UX and visual design principles
- Sophisticated comprehension of UX tools (e.g., Figma, Miro) and design software (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects)
- Experience working within a highly energetic, turbulent, and iterative environment
- Passion for discovering and learning new processes and tools
- Ability to communicate and influence product design strategy
- Love for space exploration
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity, and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative, and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match, and more.
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries, and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.