This job might no longer be available.
Cary, NC United States of America
18 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you’ll do
Epic Games is looking for a UX Designer to join our team focused on our Engine. In this position, you will have a role in designing features and UI screens by generating wireframes, documentation, and prototypes. You will then work with engineers and artists to ship these features to millions of user s.
In this role, you will
- Translating goals and constraints into compelling user-facing features
- Creating wireframes, interactive prototypes, and documentation that clearly convey ideas
- Presenting and pitching designs to developers and Epic leadership
- Work alongside engineers, artists, and UX researchers to develop features
What we’re looking for
- Expert ability to create wireframes and prototypes
- Successfully designed UI features that were implemented for a digital content creation tool (Maya, Max, Photoshop, ZBrush, etc.)
- Skilled in Axure, Indigo Studio, InVision, Sketch, or other prototyping and mockup tools
- Familiar with Photoshop/Illustrator or other art tools
- Strong knowledge of UX design processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to see features through to completion and rapidly modify design as information changes
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Nice to have skills
Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we’ll be in touch soon.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.