15 days ago
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We create games, content and online services across platforms. EA's game engine, Frostbite, powers games such as Madden NFL, EA SPORTS™ FIFA, Battlefield™, Need for Speed™, Dragon Age™, and Plants vs. Zombies™. The Frostbite team empowers EA's content creators to shape the future of gaming by improving our engine features and tools.
What does a UX Designer Do?
As a UX Designer, you will report to the Senior Manager of Experience Design. You will be part of a distributed team that's responsible for empowering our game creators to bring their ideas to life. You will do this by engaging with the Frostbite users to understand their needs and iteratively designing workflows that are simple and user-friendly.
Who we're looking for
You've worked with distributed, diverse teams (product management, engineering, content, documentation) to research and develop features that align with the product vision. You enjoy testing your ideas and use data to validate your design decisions. You're an expert in UI and UX design including the creation of icons, wireframes, concept sketches, high-fidelity mock-ups and functional prototypes.
You will need:
- A portfolio that contains multiple case studies, highlighting your outstanding visual and interaction design skills, and technical expertise.
- Solid commercial experience designing for complex, data-rich applications such as creative tools, game engines or productivity software
- Several years of commercial experience using style guides and design systems
- Proficiency in multiple design and prototyping tools (Figma, Photoshop)
- Experience presenting complex concepts to different audiences (Product Managers, team members, engineers)
Wondering if you’ll meet all of our requirements? We know those dot points can’t capture all that you might bring to our team, so consider the above a starting point. If you’re interested, please reach out!
Creating amazing games starts with building a team that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We wholeheartedly celebrate that diversity, and are committed to fostering a workplace that is equitable and inclusive, where everyone has the opportunity to thrive. For more on our commitment and progress - check out our 2021 Impact Report .
What’s in it for you?
We want EA to be the ultimate destination to make great content and experiences. Everything we’re doing here is about creating a culture, environment, and company where you can do the best work of your career – so there’s that. There’s also:
- A health allowance, to cover the cost of private health insurance for you and your family
- Life and salary continuance insurance
- An employee assistance program, including coaching and therapy sessions to support your wellbeing
- An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers
- 17.5% annual leave loading – yes, we’ll pay you extra to take a break!
- Bonus end of year leave days – time off between Christmas and New Years, no annual leave necessary
- Volunteer leave and charitable donation matching
- A fitness reimbursement program – $$ to go towards your fitness expenses (memberships and at home equipment)
- Free EA games, of course!
We also offer bonuses and exciting EA stock options, as well as access to our employee stock purchase program.
When it comes to flexibility – we’re hybrid forward, so you’ll have the opportunity to structure the way you work, to suit the way you work.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.