11 days ago
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We are looking for developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for an Experience Designer like you to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to improve ourselves and our craft. You will report to our Studio Design Line Director. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within the US or Canada to apply.
- Work with, and take direction from, the lead UX designer to understand and determine goals for UX features on a large project
- Independently design solutions: concepts, wireframes, and prototypes while iterating based on feedback from the lead designer, the team, users, and your research
- Create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups to conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors for multiple environments and audiences
- Build rapid prototypes for iterative design , ensuring they make for the best possible player experience
- Work with UI engineers to implement design to polish
- Document and promote awareness of UX standards, and push to improve UX design workflow processes
- 3+ years of experience in UX design
- At least 1 year experience working on UX for games or large-scale projects
- Passion for games and user-centered design and a fascination for understanding how users experience a product
- Proficient in user experience design tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe XD, Figma, Axure, or Omnigraffle)
- Understand the importance of documentation and teaching others
- Enjoy creative problem-solving, and value respectful feedback processes
- Broad taste in games
Valuable Additional Skills
- Experience developing UX for AAA games, multiplayer games, or live service games
- Understand interaction design on console, pc and mobile
- Experience or interest in user generated content for games
- Degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering or related HCI discipline
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that appreciates creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a practical work exercise. Apply online with a resume and portfolio.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.