This job might no longer be available.
8 days ago
“Motive” is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we’re not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You’ll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
Reporting to the Experience Director, integrated directly into our Game Development team, and being part of our diverse team of Experience Designers and Researchers, you will have an impact on the player-facing user experience of an outstanding IP.
You will represent the end-users at the table and focus on every aspect that affects their experience: from removing friction and frustration to making sure the game mechanics are understandable.
What you'll do:
- Architect player flows, screen, content, and states that are natural and engaging while balancing player, business, and technical goals.
- Craft diverse UX artifacts (flows, wireframes, prototypes) to guide development and research.
- Partner with main team members and other UX Designers to set priorities and find balanced design solutions to player and business goals within technical constraints.
- Establish problem spaces and lead design solutions rooted in player data (quantitative and qualitative)
- Be part of a design process that supports player-centered game development
- Promote creative efforts that uncover new value with new kinds of experiences
- Support the creation and management of a design system
- Work with UI developers to help get designs implemented into the game
Who you are:
- 4+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product designer, or similar role, preferably in the game industry
- Contributed to multiple shipped products or product cycles
- Expert knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Expert knowledge of interaction design and global design patterns
- The ability to translate player data into design solutions and quickly refine them
- The ability to work and teach across interdisciplinary product teams
- The ability to create low fidelity prototypes
- Proficiency in many design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Sketch, Flinto, or others...)
- A degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, HCI or demonstrated proficiency and have equivalent professional experience
- A passion for video games
- Experience with user research methodologies and user data analysis.
- Experience with game engines (Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, or others…) an asset