UX Designer - [The Settlers] (f/m/d)
Düsseldorf NRW de
7 days ago
We are looking for a UX Designer to join the The Settlers team in Düsseldorf. You will work within the design team to define the structures and wireframe of our features, explore improvements and ensure the best experience in the final delivery.
- Create functional prototypes of game features to ensure a high quality user flow.
- Craft solid UX specifications and documentation
- Design and oversee the functional production of the menus and user interfaces of the game
- Work closely with game designers to determine the best controls and inputs to support game features for a fluid and consistent player experience
- Create prototypes (paper, digital wireframe) within the required specifications to communicate ideas to the team
- Continuously optimize the user experience by iterating your designs based on user research and tests
- Ensure that signs and feedback clearly communicate the game information based on best practices in accessibility;
- Showcase and document information hierarchy and architecture for any given feature
- Ensure optimal interaction feedback and minimal control latency
- Work with different input methods in mind (Keyboard & Mouse and Controller)
- Collaborate with game designers to achieve the best controls and inputs for a fluid and consistent player experience
- Implement an optimal interface layout plan;
- Ensure that the interface arrangement accounts for localization constraints;
- Work within the guidelines provided by direction
- At least 3 years working experience on UX design
- Proficiency in at least 1 prototyping tool for web products (Axure, Balsamiq, or others)
- Understanding of lean UX concepts and the ability to work within a continuous flow environment (ability to think holistically while building and learning iteratively)
- Solid grasp of ergonomic principles applied to video games;
- Profound knowledge of interaction design and user behavior
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to innovate and design exceptional user experiences;
- Ability to rely on a user-focused design approach
- Ability to learn quickly
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Knowledge of scripting language (Python, ActionScript, etc...) is a plus
- Game Design experience is a plus
- Experience with commercial game engines (Unity, Unreal Engine, etc...) is a plus
- A degree in design, UX design or related artistic disciplines is a plus
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Development Support: Guest speakers, workshops, an online learning platform, library, experienced coaches, leadership trainings and paid self-study hours.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
- Friendly, Open, Multi-cultural Work Environment.
The application must include your resume, and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
Luise-Rainer Str. 7
Geschäftsführer: Yves Guillemot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB Nr. 51772
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers” and many more.
Join today to shape the future of VR. We are creating a brand-new, world class team to work on an unannounced AAA VR project. You will work on cutting-edge VR technology, on one of Ubisoft’s greatest IP's being developed across multiple studios globally.
This position will be located at Ubisoft Düsseldorf (Germany) and requires working on-site.